What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seagate GoFlex Satellite?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether this device can be accessed via FileBrowser? I am thinking that AirStash + Satellite + FileBrowser might provide a way backup photos from SD cards to HDD using the iPad.

The promotional material describes "loading" your files from a PC/Mac and streaming them to the iPad. I want to be able to copy files to the Satellite using FileBrowser (or similar software) on the iPad.

It depends really on whether this device appears on the WiFi network as a general purpose file server. The manual describes connecting a Mac to it wirelessly via Airport so I assume that there is some hope.

Last edited:

jeffreytan4896

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The standard out of the box firmware will not do so. Those guys are hack seagate satellite dot com has figured it and I am able to use it now with my media player.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where I can download the hack file for free?

I don't mind paying $35 for a script that does it all for. I would rather, however, find WiFi HDD that does this out of the box, something from QNAP perhaps.

Most reactions

Latest posts