What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing .MKV's with Satellite Drive

ClockworkDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently bought a GoFlex Satellite drive to use with my iPad 2 to, among other things, stream my .mkv movies and shows. I have been having a number of issues playing my .mkv's, streaming or natively, without time-costly conversions until I tried AVPlayerHD.

Unfortunately I do not see a way to use AVPlayerHD in conjunction with my Satellite drive. Does any have any suggestions on how to accomplish this or another solution that does not require conversion (which is time consuming) or repacking (which has not successfully produced a playable file)?

jeffreytan4896

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it is the problem with iPad 2. the A5 processor is not powerful enough to handle MKVs? Works well with RMVB and AVI but not MKVs as what I've tested.

esackbauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jeffreytan4896 said:
I believe it is the problem with iPad 2. the A5 processor is not powerful enough to handle MKVs? Works well with RMVB and AVI but not MKVs as what I've tested.

i recall on some articles earlier that the graphic engine on ipad is only working on full capacity when playing apple format.

Most reactions

Latest posts