What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD card use

hemi4eva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, good to be in such knowledgeable company, and by that I know jack about this sort of stuff. I do like the new ipad but what I was hoping for was to have the ability to insert the sd card and read off all my technical PDF manuals like a regulaat PC, I even bought the sd card accessory thinking that would do it, ha silly me. Is there an app on the market that will allow me to read my sd card through this attachment, or is that wishfull thinking. Thanks in advance.

Rob

Joeteck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well what I've found so far in the week that I've had the iPad 3, is that there is a skydrive app made by Microsoft which allows you to connect to a cloud of 25 gig and retrieve files you need... Try it, it may work fine for you..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, good to be in such knowledgeable company, and by that I know jack about this sort of stuff. I do like the new ipad but what I was hoping for was to have the ability to insert the sd card and read off all my technical PDF manuals like a regulaat PC, I even bought the sd card accessory thinking that would do it, ha silly me. Is there an app on the market that will allow me to read my sd card through this attachment, or is that wishfull thinking. Thanks in advance.

Rob

Unfortunately, a stock iPad can only use the camera connection kit (CCK) to view photos (and maybe videos? I'm not sure on that...). It was just Apple's way of making it so the user can easily put a camera's photo card in the CCK while out and about and view the pictures [more] easily.

So, there is no way a stock iPad can be used with the CCK to view PDFs. If you were jailbroken, you could...

So, the best recommendations are those offered by the folk above or else drag and drop those PDFs from your computer using iTunes. Or, you could email them. Sorry.

Marilyn

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hemi4eva said:

Rob

The iPad camera connection Kit, can be used to transfer photos and movies or videos to your iPad, either from your iPhone 4S straight to the iPad or DSLR camera to the iPad I personally think the camera connection kit is the best thing you can use.

Joeteck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This airstash is actually a real cool piece of hardware. Thanks for sharing...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andrzejls said:
Oy you can sell your iPad, get Android tablet and insert micro sd into it and use it.

I think the air stash is a better deal. The more I use mine, the more I like it. I'm even thinking of getting a big fat sdxc card for it.

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the air stash is a better deal. The more I use mine, the more I like it. I'm even thinking of getting a big fat sdxc card for it.
I agree with you. It is less expensive and it is manageable if you do not plan to swap cards every 2 minutes. I am just lazy, so I like to stick 32GB class 10 micro card with few HD movies and some WIP files into the tablet and use it for couple of days. My wife, which is using iPad, goes through cloud with her docs but not the movies.

Joeteck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have one? How is it used? Do you need to connect it to your wi-fi router or use it in ad-hoc mode? Does it get its own IP address? Is it HTML manageable? Sorry for so many questions... ;)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have one? How is it used? Do you need to connect it to your wi-fi router or use it in ad-hoc mode? Does it get its own IP address? Is it HTML manageable? Sorry for so many questions... ;)

That;s of the older version.

Another one:

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a good video for the new version....maybe I will make one myself.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Yes. Similar to how one uses the Goflex...it an ad-hoc affair that you connect your iDevice too. Select it like you would any wifi network. Yes, it can be configured from a laptop via HTML.

Most reactions

Latest posts