What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD Card to iPad2

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to transfer pics from an SD card to an iPad2?
You need an accessory kit called the camera connection kit, available at Apple Stores and resellers. It plugs into the charging port and has a slot for the SD card.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - if the SD card is formatted in a digital camera, then the Apple SD Card Adapter (pic below) is what I've used for 3 years to transfer images from my camera's SD card to my iPad 2 - now, there are 3rd party substitutes but may not be compatible (i.e. you're taking a chance).

Another 'wireless' option is a device called the AirStash, which I also own - all of these items (and others) have been thoroughly discussed in the forum - a little searching may help w/ more details - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.47.44 PM.pngairstash_16gb.jpg

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello - if the SD card is formatted in a digital camera, then the Apple SD Card Adapter (pic below) is what I've used for 3 years to transfer images from my camera's SD card to my iPad 2 - now, there are 3rd party substitutes but may not be compatible (i.e. you're taking a chance).

Another 'wireless' option is a device called the AirStash, which I also own - all of these items (and others) have been thoroughly discussed in the forum - a little searching may help w/ more details - Dave :)

View attachment 57147View attachment 57148

Dave--I a going to have to look into that air stash device you keep mentioning. It looks like something that would be very helpful while on the road.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dave--I a going to have to look into that air stash device you keep mentioning. It looks like something that would be very helpful while on the road.

Hi Skimonkey - works like a charm and creates its own Wi-Fi network; the iPad app works well - but I seem to still use my CCK and simply take the SD card from my digital camera, and I've not tried to really transfer other types of files, although the descriptions and comments in various threads here are certainly positive; AND, the price is right! Dave :)

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sandisk do a similar product using micro disks at about half the price. Similar spec to Air Stash.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Skimonkey - works like a charm and creates its own Wi-Fi network; the iPad app works well - but I seem to still use my CCK and simply take the SD card from my digital camera, and I've not tried to really transfer other types of files, although the descriptions and comments in various threads here are certainly positive; AND, the price is right! Dave :)

I also have the camera kit too and really like how easy it is to upload pics. I just connect my cameras USB to it and in seconds the pics are on my iPad. However, I like knowing there are other options as both you and gtaler mentioned here.

Most reactions

Latest posts