What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 Document editing applications

fernando_mr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does iPad2 support applications to transparently copy and read .doc and .xls files from another device ? Does the SD card adapter support only transfer of pictures and videos ?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm..,well u could upload ur docs. N stuff to Dropbox. Then get Dropbox app for iPad and get them from there. Or u could just email them to urself. Good reader is a good app for "viewing" those types of files. If u want to do some editing on this docs. Then u need to either get Office2 HD, Docs to Go, or Pages. All are great for editing and viewing those kinds of files. U can transfer from one device to another by syncing thru iTunes but I hate going that route. Nonjailbroken iPads on let u view photos/vids from the SD card. If or when u jailbreak, u can get the real ifiles from Cydia store, not the b.s. One from app store..lol. It's the on true PC/Mac style file explorer. With that app, u can view any and everything that's on a SD card or thumb drive(if it's compatible, low voltage). From there u can move the files wherever u choose into the proper app u want it shown in. All this is done within the iPad without need to hook up to pc to sync thru iTunes ;-)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Pages and Numbers to open and edit .doc and .xls files on my iPad. Works perfectly. Simply email the files as enclosures back and forth. You can view the documents immediately in the Mail viewer.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only gripe with pages is that if you do a fancy doc. On the pc then bring it into pages, some formatting or fonts might not transfer over well. If it is simple and straight forward .doc, then pages works great for that as does Office2 HD and Docs2Go.

Most reactions

Latest posts