What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen scratch. Finally

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to say sorry bud, screen protectors are just meant to protect the devices screen from scratches when these devices are impossible to get scratches and using screen protectors I feel they are a waste of money and they are not needed if you look after your device properly and you can also just get yourself a case which will also cover the screen when not in use.

I agree 100%!! Every word.;)

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not impossible to scratch the glass on these devices, just difficult. There are plenty of people out there that have scratched iPad screens. It only takes a grain of something harder than the glass to make a scratch (like sand for example). In reality however, when the screen is on you most likely won't see the scratch anyhow. The question is whether or not that scratch is going to bother you.

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks JD. I've been wondering about screen protection for a while now, but I do take good care of my iPad, store it safely when not in use etc, so I guess you have put the issue into its proper perspective. Your good advice is well appreciated.

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaveST, I have decided here and now to forever avoid holding my iPad up to the light at varying angles when it is switched off.
:)

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DaveST, I have decided here and now to forever avoid holding my iPad up to the light at varying angles when it is switched off.
:)

lol, that sounds like a plan. Just one other minor point in regards to screen protectors. If you are the type of person that likes to ride the upgrade train, having glass on your device that is 100% free of scratches is going to give you much better resale value. This is one the reasons people put protectors on their devices before they start using them. For me, I just know seeing a scratch would bother me to no end whether or not it affected the display of the device!

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A scratch on my screen would bother me too (in fact it would bug the s$&t out of me!), but I usually just hand down my used and battered assortment of appliances and gadgets to my kids before upgrading to a later model so selling and retaining value isn't really an issue for me...

johnnypanic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently placed a phonedevil matte screen protector on my iPad. As my three young children use the iPad (sometimes they even let me use it!), I would regard the protector as essential. Also, the matte finish helps to cut down on glare.

OP
W

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll get one when I move. An otter box too. This thing will get beat up in the field

kevinhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to jump on this thread but does anyone know a way of getting rid of a scratch on the aluminium on the back of an iPad? I've just scratched my brand new one...per bought a covermetc for its arrival but when I was connect the charger it slipped a little and managed to run down the back a bit inside the cover. Very annoying even with a cover on. Just wondering if anyone know of any solutions or polish to get rid of it or make it look better. Someone suggested car scratch remover but I'm not so sure? Thanks guys...

Kevin

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately,there's no way to get rid of a scratch on the back of an iPad.You'll have to learn to live with it or replace the iPad.Barring replacing the iPad,the only thing you can do is to use a case that covers the scratch.
Any kind of polish would only make the problem worse as it would destroy the nice matte finish on the metal and leave an even more annoying shiny patch.

Last edited:

kevinhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. It's funny when the reply in my other thread mentioned tcut that's not where I had been recommended it. These things are annoying than anything else...I'm just thinking of sell on value ...

Most reactions

Latest posts