What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen leaking right on bottom (on the screen, where home button is)

Kayno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That image was pretty weak.. Considering had the setting for image upload on ultra resolution.

KarlaMonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this same problem. I spoke to someone at Apple Tech Support and they said it had something to do with the glue and that same problem was happening with the iPhone 4. He told me to wait it out and it will go away after frequent use and if it doesn't I can get another one.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, taking a picture, especially with flash, isn't going to work. You need a really good DSLR that can take impeccable low-light pictures to really show it off.

That said, it is there. It does exist. If you can live with it, or if it fixes over time, then great.

If it doesn't, and if it seriously bothers you... You can't force yourself to change and just "get over it" and, like I've said, you shouldn't have to.

I'm able to survive with the minimal amount I have here. But if it were any worse, it would get shipped back as soon as I could.

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
Hmm, I checked mine and I saw a little leakage. I wouldn't have even noticed it if I hadn't been reading about it on here, which made me want to check it. I had to use a dark wallpaper and, turn out all the lights to notice it and, even then it wasn't that bad and hard to see. I don't think mine's is bad enough that it will bother me.

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "leakage" on the Home button side is suspiciously close in proximity to the on/off magnet in the iPad 2. This is the magnet that the smart cover uses to control the auto on/off function. Could this "leakage" actually be magnetic interference in this area of the display?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "leakage" on the Home button side is suspiciously close in proximity to the on/off magnet in the iPad 2. This is the magnet that the smart cover uses to control the auto on/off function. Could this "leakage" actually be magnetic interference in this area of the display?
I would doubt it since mine has no leakage there. I think magnetic interference would be consistent on all iPad2s. Plus, I don't believe LCD displays are affected by magnetic force like CRTs used to be.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score

No.

The same problem was in the first iPad, it's not different with this one.

If you look at the fixit docs, there are a butload of magnets everywhere.

Also, Apple isn't that hack to create something that would cause magnetic interference.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curse you Cadena....... I noticed very slight leakage now...... and I can't help but notice it every movie I watch!

OP
C

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple reps said that the leaking is from the glue drying and it should go away.

So you trust them? lol...it probably won't go away if it doesn't decrease in 24 hours at all..no glue takes that long to dry...next off, they're trying to delay you until it's too late and you're stuck with it...c'mon now, it's common sense...

OP
C

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curse you Cadena....... I noticed very slight leakage now...... and I can't help but notice it every movie I watch!

lol you can hate me...I sorry..hahah..my ipad 2 just went into prepared for shipment less than an hour ago...I'm psyched...engraved...

you can still return it...

"It says on the ipad page it can be charged by a pc" when in fact IT CAN ONLY BE CHARGED BY A MAC...b/c apple changed all usb ports to 100mah, instead of 50, which the pc uses...meaning it delivers twice the power...allowing the ipad to charge.....

OP
C

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would doubt it since mine has no leakage there. I think magnetic interference would be consistent on all iPad2s. Plus, I don't believe LCD displays are affected by magnetic force like CRTs used to be.

they are too affected by it...but apple creating something that bad? yeah I highly doubt that even in the wake of light leakage and antenna gate...they're just not the dumb..and steve jobs isn't that bad of a business man

ajneuman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 leaks a bit on all black screens but I lowered the brightness level to where I like it best and it is hardly noticeable. Also most stores are completely sold out so unless it is really bad, just wait until the stores consistently have stock available to return it.. You have at least a year to do so.

KarlaMonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't say that I neccessarily believed them. I am telling you guys what they said. That's all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using iPad Forums

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KarlaMonique said:
Apple reps said that the leaking is from the glue drying and it should go away.

I think sometimes they don't know much about what's going on. Not to brag but I've spoken to a few Apple employees that were less knowledgable than me about there products.

I called the store in my area yesterday to see if they already had replacements available. The rep asked about my problem and suggested some useless ideas and solutions.

But she did suggest I make an appointment at the genius bar to have it looked at and possibly replaced. Which of course I was already planning to do if they already had the unboxed replacements available.

Most reactions