What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screen difference between black and white ipad?

kingdummkopf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not sure if this is all in my head so i've provided some pictures, but my screen on my black ipad 3 seems ever so slightly different to my mums white ipad 3. my whites seem less bright, even on full brightness when compared to her's. i know some screens had a yellow tint issue, but that was resolved, right? it doesn't seem yellow my screen, but it doesn't appear to be as white as my mum's white one.

here are the pics, and to me, the ipad screens look identical, but in real life the screens appear to be slightly different. i dunno whether the bezel colours are throwing me off.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kingdummkopf said:
not sure if this is all in my head so i've provided some pictures, but my screen on my black ipad 3 seems ever so slightly different to my mums white ipad 3. my whites seem less bright, even on full brightness when compared to her's. i know some screens had a yellow tint issue, but that was resolved, right? it doesn't seem yellow my screen, but it doesn't appear to be as white as my mum's white one.

here are the pics, and to me, the ipad screens look identical, but in real life the screens appear to be slightly different. i dunno whether the bezel colours are throwing me off.

Pictures by kingdummkopf - Photobucket

what do you think? the black ipad is always on the left.

There can be slight differences in screens. This is not a problem.

OP
K

kingdummkopf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm, it's just on full brightness, the whites on mine don't seem as bright and white and my mums. dunno if you can tell on the pics, and i don't know if apple would justify a swap because it's so minor?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just the contrast difference between the screen and the white surround vs the black surround. It is easier to me to view it with a white surround. For this reason, photographs are usually matted with light colored matting, never black. My iPad 1 had a black surround, my iPad 2 and New iPad all have white surrounds as does my wife's new iPad.

I am a photographer so please understand my point of view.

OP
K

kingdummkopf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so it's definitely not due to the fact my screen is different to my mothers? it was on whites i felt like there was something different, as mine seems less bright and vibrant. but you're saying that's it's just due to the bezel? i can't really tell much difference on the pics at all, but in person i see 'something', but am hoping it's just due to imagination. i doubt apple would swap it, as, not comparing the screens, my ipad's whites are white.

Most reactions

Latest posts