What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 screen is like white noise with a white bar

Wheezer79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

All of a sudden, my Ipad 3 screen has turned all speckly, it's like white noise across the whole screen, only it's made up of lots of colours (mainly black and white) and the spots are tiny. There is also a white band running from left to right around the area where the swipe bar normally appears and is about 1.5 inches wide. It's looked after pretty well and hasn't been dropped.

I can't see anything on the screen other than what I have described. My Ipad is passcoded, so can't connect to itunes. It is running ios5.

Any suggestions of how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
See if a hard reset resolves the issue. Press and hold both the power and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo, then release both. If you're still seeing the discolored images on bootup, then you may want to get it checked out as it may be a hardware issue.

OP
W

Wheezer79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Just tried that, but stays with the dodgy screen. Looks like I'll be booking into Apple. :-(

Most reactions

Latest posts