What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung’s Galaxy Tab To Cost Nearly $1000!!

MFGGIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad Locked?????

As i know, the ipad is Unloked, you just need a micro sim and you are ready to go, if not, cut the normal sim and you are ready to go

IGonz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think a 7" tablet from a reputable supplier will tick all the boxes for a lot of people and should do well, but if they price it in iPad territory or higher I think it'll struggle, and relying on carrier subsidies seems to be an uncomfortable area for tablet buyers - just look at how the Dell Streak has failed to set the world alight...

Let's not forget that the iPad was widely touted as being around the $800-$1000 mark by all kinds of 'experts', analysts and pundits before Steve Jobs dropped the $499 bombshell back in April. I'm sure Samsung will pitch the Galaxy at whatever price they feel it'll do best at, when it becomes available.

Cheers, Pete

I like no contract "pay as you go" for tablets.
So I guess this tablet will cost much more than my iPad 64 3G.
It should also have up to 15hr battery.

DewWorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The really wonderful thing is that we are being given more options for where we can choose to spend our technology dollars. I have only had my iPad for four days and have not even begun to scratch the surface (perhaps a bad choice of words?) of its capabilities, but I am loving it. This is my first Apple product, but I can see why folks become such fans of the technology, though it is not perfection personified. There are still features that need to be added IMO, such as Flash 10 support - but that is coming soon, as well as wireless printing.

I will likely purchase a Galaxy Tab if Sprint offers it, which is very likely, and I have seen mentions by Samsung officials about pricing anticipated to be in the $200.00 to $300.00 range. There are some nice features in a smaller, more portable package (though I carry my iPad very easily in a marvelous Targus slip pouch with handles), and the SD expansion slot is a great feature in the Galaxy Tab. Battery life will probably be a huge issue for many, but is not a deal breaker for me. One major factor is that the data packages from Sprint offer better value for me in the long run.

Personally, I find that there are good and not-so good features in every piece of technology, no matter who makes it.

Bottom line is that I will sacrifice buying better clothes, I will continue to go without expensive cosmetics, and I will continue to eat most of my organic food in small amounts at home rather than eating in good restaurants or fast food places just so I can buy the technology that I find enjoyable and is useful for my purposes. I think many folks would agree that there is room in our lives and market share available for a wide variety of technology firms' products. Long live freedom of choice!:)

Most reactions

Latest posts