What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung Unveils Galaxy Tab

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That reminds me of the discussion on a new 7" iPad. This Tab is exactly in that form range, it could be as portable as this one looks like.

tosh.jc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going by the projected price of this device in the European market, it'll cost about $1000, non-contract price. That makes it significantly less appealing. I'll stick with my iPad, for sure.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That reminds me of the discussion on a new 7" iPad. This Tab is exactly in that form range, it could be as portable as this one looks like.

Yes, I would prefer a larger screen. I dont know if the 7" thing is cutting costs, or if market researchers are saying that's what everyone wants. 7" is certainly better than any phone screen out there, but bigger is better. :)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yes, I would prefer a larger screen. I dont know if the 7" thing is cutting costs, or if market researchers are saying that's what everyone wants. 7" is certainly better than any phone screen out there, but bigger is better. :)
The size really depends on what you need to do with such a device.

I've done a lot of hospital waiting rooms lately. While the iPad is entertaining it is too big to be practical there. A smaller design that can read books, magazines and do the occasional web surf or dare I say phone call could be more portable. A 7" will be comfortable for many people.

On another note, I suspect this Tab to be made of plastic ie. the weight. I don't like that it makes a portable device too fragile.

irwaffles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now the price tag is the deciding factor for me.

I love my iPad but there is definitely room for a second tablet in my life. The current size of the screen is great for school and taking notes, but outside of that I could definitely see why people consider it 'too big'. Maybe the 7'' would be right for, especially since I'm graduating this year! My family has been bugging me to get a second iPad but I told them how Apple likes to refresh their products every year and it's best to get (one) per year haha.

If the Galaxy Tab is priced around $300 US I'm in for one.

Most reactions

Latest posts