What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung Unveils Galaxy Tab

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPfCZC4VHnE"]YouTube - [GALAXY Tab] Samsung GALAXY Tab Official Commercial[/ame]​

Samsung has been showcasing its Galaxy tablet today, which some experts have been saying could give the iPad a run for its money. The Galaxy has a 7-inch TFT-LCD display, and is powered by the Android Operating System 2.2, and according to Samsung’s press release, it features PC-like web browsing, email, voice and video call, SMS/MMS and social networking. It also has Flash, Samsung says, somewhat pointedly!

At just 380g the Galaxy is very light, almost like an e-reader, and has an e-reading application called the “Readers Hubâ€, as well as a “Media Hub†and “Music Hubâ€, and Google Mobile Services such as Google Maps Navigation and Google Goggles. It also has both front and rear-facing cameras. I wonder if Apple is regretting not including a camera in the first generation of iPads? Or is a camera really necessary on a tablet?

No word yet as to launch date or price for the much-vaunted iPad rival. For discussions on the new Galaxy Tab, and other Android Tablets be sure to visit: Samsung Galaxy Tab

Source: Engadget, Samsung

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, what really stunned me is 'While the iPad has no camera, the Galaxy Tab has two -- including a front-facing camera for video conferencing. It's also a phone.' So awesome!
Hmm, just considering to buy one or not, as Im also really happy with my fantastic iPad, For work, the iPad does almost all of the things an average user needs, and with a much much nicer U/I. Easy of use, fast, and efficient. For entertainment, now with one of the top features of iPad --- movie watching, Im totally sucked in enjoying kinds of videos and movies with iPad, though some times need in the help of iPad video converter from iFunia for lack of flash support. Ugggggg!!!!
:confused:

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it had the super amoled screen?...I want the 10 inch version...I have an iPad and the samsung vibrant phone and like the android os better and the super amoled display is SWEET..so much better than LCD. I just got the iPad but wondering if I should have waited.

kapitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, this would definitely look like an oversized iPhone... imagine when it rings and you lift it up and place it over the ear... imagine the stares you will be having...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In that clip the guy took the Tab out of his jacket pocket. By the size of the device, I'm pretty sure they had that pocket sown there expressly for that commercial.

robb25j

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ummm im a fanboy of apple but im really feeling that samsung that video chat killing and kapitan ppl stare if u have a ipad but imagine ppl stare while u on a video call its no need to putt that on ur ear

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
looks pretty cool. I having a camera and a phone is great. And, no you dont need to put it up to your head, bluetooth or speakerphone. I'd do it with my iPad if I could and stop carrying a phone.

sandra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also amazed by this device! I watched this promo-video and fell in love with Galaxy Tab! It seems just great with all these cool features. I especially like it combines a tablet and a phone. And also that's awsome it supports flash, has USB and 2 cameras.

wingnut1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USB is a biggie, as is the camera. If the price is right Samsung have a winner on their hands.

zacheryj10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm actually shocked how well thisntablet actually looks. I especially am very interested in the camera on the front (not as much for the rear). I foresee Apple having a rough road ahead, especially if: 1) has a cheaper price tag. 2) they do not come out with a second generation with a built in camera. I would even be pleased with a camera add-on kit like the old nitendo gaMeboys

Hawkmech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like my ipad but I think I would enjoy the cusomization you can do with Android. If Android launches a tablet and the hardware is reliable look out Apple

Dallasfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what,,,

I have ,a phone ,a camera ,and Ipad.....dont need another contract for this wanna be ......thats right they say you can only get them through a provider......nope not me I love my Ipad and all the apps,,,,,,Just saying....oh yea one more thing HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS...DF

Most reactions