What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samsung Securities Leaked Document Says Apple IS Planning a 7-Inch iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
flexible_oled.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that according to a leaked document from Samsung’s investment bank, Samsung Securities, which was obtained by OLED-Display.net, Apple is indeed planning to release a 7-inch “iPad mini†in Q3 2012, as has been recently rumoured. The document is dated December 2011, and was sent to the website by an anonymous source at Samsung. The document apparently reveals that Apple is in talks with Samsung Mobile Display to provide flexible AMOLEDs or standard AMOLEDs for the new iPad mini. As AppleInsider notes, this story follows on from another very similar rumour, which said that Apple had ordered production of a 7.85-inch iPad, which was due to start in Q3 2012. Possibly even more significantly, The Wall Street Journal also published a story in February saying that Apple was planning to release a smaller iPad, although that particular report gave the size as 8 inches. Previously a 7-inch iPad had been thought unlikely after Steve Jobs had said back in 2010 that he thought a screen of that size would be “too small to express the software.â€[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: [/FONT]Samsung Securities says 7" 'iPad mini' coming in Q3 2012, Apple investigating flexible panels

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still a rumor until we see it at the Apple Store!!! ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see why someone would prefer an 8" screen. I already have a 7" Color Nook rooted to Android with a dual boot and vastly prefer the iPad 2.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is always testing products, and until they actual go into production, I doubt any rumors.

Most reactions

Latest posts