What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sales Entry App?

NickleRuth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work for a small company with outside sales people. We've contemplated getting an iPad for our sales guys to use when out with their customers. Right now they email orders in to the main office via an Excel spreadsheet that we created. I'm looking for an app that would make order entry easier. Any thoughts? My search has not been very fruitful. We use Quickbooks, but I'm not really looking for something to integrate with it because our set up is a little complicated.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would probably use one of the database apps and create my own form

-t

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Someone just mentioned Cellica Database in another thread. It might be worth looking at. FileMaker Pro is another, abet expensive, option.

Cheaper would be to make a form style PDF (with editable text fields) and use an app like PDF Expert. Combined with Dropbox you could keep templates and upload completed order forms from anywhere with internet.

There was another similar order taking app mentioned, but I'll be darned if I can remember the name. Sorry.

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thewitt said:
I would probably use one of the database apps and create my own form

-t

I'd try this, and link the database to a google or dropbox account for wireless updates.

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I work for a small company with outside sales people. We've contemplated getting an iPad for our sales guys to use when out with their customers. Right now they email orders in to the main office via an Excel spreadsheet that we created. I'm looking for an app that would make order entry easier. Any thoughts? My search has not been very fruitful. We use Quickbooks, but I'm not really looking for something to integrate with it because our set up is a little complicated.

I have done this before, order entry program, automatic with pricing and account information. The program I use was Filemaker Pro ADV. to purchase the program, yes cost is $300.00 However I use the advanced version and can develop a free standing version depending upon what you want, that will not need program to work. In addition I think Filemaker Go for the iPad is $39.99 per copy. This would work with Filemaker Pro on Mac or Windows. Please let me know if you are interested in the development of a road warriors salesman's order entry and or catalog program.

skishnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check our generic catalog and order entry app on iPad. It can be customized for any business. Check our website diaspark.com

michaelelmgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Handshake

@NickleRuth - try Handshake! handshake-app.com - We work with many, many companies' sales teams and reps globally who use our iPad/iPhone app.

GloriaL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you checked into WRNTY's SupeRep? It's the App Store's most popular sales rep app and you can download a free trial. It also integrates with QuickBooks if you decide to go that way down the road.

greatrat00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sales and Catalog app for iPad - Great for Tradeshows and Being on the Road

I work for Blue Orange Apps in Panama City, Panama. We made iPO.

It's an app that a bunch of people with sales reps teams, tradeshows, wholesale and retail business have been using. iPO - Catalog & Sales. It's for iPad. It has a bunch of features a lot of people have found useful, such as:

• Freemium model - very few, or no other apps do this - that I’ve seen. We actually just implemented this to get word of mouth out - like Dropbox did.
  • Very quick to set up. Just fill an Excel sheet and drag product pictures into your Dropbox
  • Pictures are displayed upfront and products are given priority, like a Catalog app should be. No head-akes setting up a bunch of other stuff
  • Really easy to integrate with any CRM through a flat file API - products, clients and orders all importable and exportable with CSV files
  • The app is pretty quick, navigation-wise.
  • Categories, subcategories and even multifiltered subsubcategories
  • Global product search
  • Camera barcode scanning - we’ll be looking into laser barcode scanning soon
  • Interface is really intuitively designed
  • Purchase orders are sent to client and back end office
  • You can sell offline - products are all local on the iPad - this is critical
  • You can take client and sales rep signature with really good digital signature technology

ampatind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem, found an amaing app on itunes called qbooks, costs about $50 and you can access your quickbooks remotely from your ipad or iphone. I spoke personally with
the owner and he says within 45 days they will have signature capability, with date/time/location for signatures. Im really impressed with it, especially for the price. Hope this helps

Most reactions

Latest posts