What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What apps to get for small business, mobile sales person?

apples

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.superbrightledflashlight.org
What apps to get for small business, mobile sales person?

Okay so I'm saving up to get the ipad with 3G. I work as a mobile industrail sales person. My job involves driving up to 1-3hrs one way to see customers then 1-3hrs back home each day etc.

I sell stuff from the back of the van. Customers all have a 30 day account. I give them an paper invoice/delivery docket on the spot then at the end of the week I go tot he office and put the paper invoices into quickbooks and post out there proper invoices.

I'm looking at using the ipad to be able to store PDF documents that show exploded diagrams of spare parts, price lists, and sales brochures. Also videos will be used to show off products, the 3G will be great to use maps and also to use the yellow pages to locate new business in the local area to visit.

My questions are, what are some good useful apps I could get for stuff like.

1. Having a price list? right now I have to print off a copy of the quickbooks inventory list each week and then use that as a up to date price list. What i'd like is maybe an app that could possibly show me a picture of the product and a sales price. Then even a discounted price for quantity discount would be great also.

Are there any apps like this yet?

I seen videos on youtube for apps for restaurants, but that is not really what I'm after. I do not need any credit card processing ability or invoicing ability as yet.

So what is out there?

Peter

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, first of all, welcome. Secondly, you have GOT to get goodreader. I have all my brochures saved as PDF files to show to my customers. It makes a big difference when you load up a brochure and shove it into the hands of your customer. That alone has sold some stuff for me. The iPad is so sexy, the sexiness rubs off onto the product by proxy.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Price lists in excel, word or PDF are natively displayable in GoodReader, but if you want to edit them, consider Docs2Go or get Pages and Numbers if you want to edit them.

msipuser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a pretty new user myself, but I think Box.net + GoodReader + QuickOffice are going to provide 80% of the business document functionality I need. My new Box account is probably going to be the centerpiece of my usage.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would suggest bento for iPad. This could be more powerful and useful, might be able to export data to quickbooks.

Lisamariewark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As small business owner creating each client count is one in every of the foremost vital belongings you will do and having the ability to urge your business ahead of as several eyeballs as attainable is of the utmost importance. With the increase of smartphones and everybody downloading apps several shoppers area unit disbursement innumerable hours with their heads buried in their phones either looking this or enjoying that and currently its regarding time you understand wherever you'll be able to work into all of this as a business owner. during this article, i'll cowl a number of the advantages of getting a mobile app presence for your business therefore sit back and find prepared for a few info that might probably increase your bottom line each once month. benefit of getting a mobile app for a small business is that you can give customers directions directly to your place of business and even call you with just one tap of the screen. Most consumers will search and then put into their smartphones the location and hope they make it to the right place or they will just find another similar business to give their money over to.

Most reactions