What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari refreshing web page when switching between app or other open pages

rjamison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a way to set Safari to NOT refresh web sites when switching between Safari and other apps or when switching between other open pages in Safari? Most of the time this does not bother me but when doing internet searches or loading movies, this gets really annoying.

Also on this subject, is there a reason that streaming videos won't play after pausing them midway through? If the video plays part way through and then is stopped because the video has not fully buffered I can no resume from where I left off and am forced to refresh the web page.

Thanks!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it just does it like that. It's a big gripe about Safari, but to be truthful, I have Atomic and it does it as well if you have it set to open the page last viewed on start.

Most reactions

Latest posts