What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Youtube app not working

rafaelhernandez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, recently my iPad2 YouTube app stopped working, basically, I can search the site but when I try to load a video it gives me a "unknown error" message. Same problem through safari. The only way I got it to work was through the html5 YouTube web page. I'm running iOS 5, but the problem started before the upgrade. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

OP
R

rafaelhernandez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out what causes the problem. Recently it started working again, but I guess it could fail anytime.
You can go to the apple support communities and search for "iPad2 YouTube app problem" to read more about this issue.

Cheers!

xdvanbc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, there,
I have the exactly same problem in my iPad2. I followed some suggestions, such as, "Double tap the home button to see the task bar. Touch and hold any of the icons until they jiggle, then delete them bu touching the minus sign. Then reboot the pad by holding the home and sleep button until you see the apple logo. Ignore the red slider." However, youtube app still doesn't work properly, neither does youtube in Safari. Could anybody help me to fix this issue. Thanks!

Reaction score
Reboot or reset your ipad.

I also have an ipad 2 and ive had this problem every morning. No big deal.

Most reactions

Latest posts