What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari crashing? Jail break iPad

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there

I have the iPad 3G 32gb and jail broken. I have had no problems with my device except this one problem that happens randomly but not a lot.

Safari crashes. Doesn't matter what I'm doing it just closes. Any ideas what could be happening? I'm am still on 3.2 obviously.

OP
Timmah

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm didn't think that this has to do with hacking. Haha, ok thanks fir moving!

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not convinced that it is just. Webite issue... When i was jailbroken i had it crash many times....

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
well, unless he has installed some 3rd party safari plugins like the downloader plugin I see no reason why safari would just start crashing. It could be something on the websites visiting causing it.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could be an out of memory problem. You sometimes find you have a load of hidden tabs open. 256 ain't a lot.

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, unless he has installed some 3rd party safari plugins like the downloader plugin I see no reason why safari would just start crashing. It could be something on the websites visiting causing it.

I did have Tabs+ installed...

@Timmah - did you also install this application?

60DegreeVVT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be an out of memory problem. You sometimes find you have a load of hidden tabs open. 256 ain't a lot.

If you are not jailbroken how can you kill apps that are hidden???

Is there a "task manager" that i dont know about... (sorry i am a PC guy, newly converted, LOL)

OP
Timmah

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I did have Tabs+ installed...

@Timmah - did you also install this application?
No I do not have that installed

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you can't multitasking on an iPad without both being jail broken and running backgrounder or another similar app. Just home out of it and the app closes. That's it on stock idevices. This is the main reason I want my 3.2.1 jb, multitasking..

llcooljayce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you are not jailbroken how can you kill apps that are hidden???

Is there a "task manager" that i dont know about... (sorry i am a PC guy, newly converted, LOL)

In Cydia, search for SB Settings. Install and by default there is a 'Processes' button that shows you what is running as well as giving you the ability to kill all the processes.

IMO, the iPad and all Apple i devices have an inherent memory leakage issue that causes applications to crash. Check out this thread:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/7057-memory-leakage-problems-ipad-apps.html

Most reactions