What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail breaking

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all ,
Hope all of are well. I have a question that is probably very simple to any one who has jail broke
Their I Pad, and for those who have , I simply am new to the I pad and for that matter the world of
Internet,browsers ,apps , etc....and Most anything that has to do with a computer. I'm curious about, the advantages /disadvantages in jail breaking I pad iOS 7.
Now , I've gotten some mixed , unsure , biased, opinionated , answers from some friends of mine yet as a whole they don't seem to know any more about than I.
First and fore most I am not sure I could do with the tutorials or know what the procedure would be. And would need help in that alone,....I guess what I'm asking is
what scientist in human genetic reproduction would be asked, that if we know we could do it , we probably might ask if we should do it,,.......

THANKS YALL,
A. GOODWIN

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all ,
Hope all of are well. I have a question that is probably very simple to any one who has jail broke
Their I Pad, and for those who have , I simply am new to the I pad and for that matter the world of
Internet,browsers ,apps , etc....and Most anything that has to do with a computer. I'm curious about, the advantages /disadvantages in jail breaking I pad iOS 7.
Now , I've gotten some mixed , unsure , biased, opinionated , answers from some friends of mine yet as a whole they don't seem to know any more about than I.
First and fore most I am not sure I could do with the tutorials or know what the procedure would be. And would need help in that alone,....I guess what I'm asking is
what scientist in human genetic reproduction would be asked, that if we know we could do it , we probably might ask if we should do it,,.......

THANKS YALL,
A. GOODWIN

Hi, Alan, and welcome to the forum.

I jail break my iDevices, including the iPad, because I like the freedom to install things Apple didn't think I needed (alternate keyboards, easier cursor control, etc.). It's all about making an iPad like a computer - fully accessible/ modifiable/tweakable by the owner.

Here's a good link to get you started on understanding jailbreaking: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

Then, another good link is this one: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824

It's an "Ultimate Tweak List" that shows off all the things a jailbroken ipad can do. The post itself contains a bunch of comments, so do read that whole thread.

Then, the entirety of the Hacking forum will be a good resource for learning about jail breaking.

I came to jail breaking because there was something I wanted to do with my iPad that Apple wasn't going to allow it (me?) to do. For the curious, it was the multi-gestures we now take for granted. Still, at the time, I wanted them, too! :) So, I jail broke and the rest is history. :D

Hopefully, this will get you started. Come on back and holler if you want or need more.

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The one downside to jailbreaking (if you can call it that) is that often times it's a hit-or-miss experience. Some user find that jailbreaking is life, and can't stand going back to stock. Some users don't see the point in jailbreaking since running stock is perfectly fine. On the notion of jailbreaking is life, some user have a LOT of trouble with tweaks/packages that are running perfectly fine for others, and they can't for the good of grace get the same thing running. That's the only real downside in my opinion

Most reactions

Latest posts