What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 4 safari and mail app help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickerhappy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
please help. just recently i discovered that i cannot open my mail and safari app. when i tap on it, it crashes. when i check the apps running in the background it is opened. when i attempt to tap on it again, it just crashes and crashes crashes. i did a hard reset, restart, respring, deleted some apps and tweaks but none of it solved the problem. does anyone here know what happened to these two apps? what should i do? btw, my ipad 4 is jailbroken ios 7.0.4. i had no problem after jailbreak. tnx

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please print a full list of the repos and tweaks you have installed? Hopefully, after seeing the list, we can see which tweak(s) might be causing you to have this issue.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
S

stickerhappy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you please print a full list of the repos and tweaks you have installed? Hopefully, after seeing the list, we can see which tweak(s) might be causing you to have this issue.

Marilyn

P.S. And, since you talk about a jail broken iPad, I've taken the liberty of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.
what da. now after doing respring, restart, reset all settings and syncing to itunes the cydia app is gone. i never added new repos and tweaks after i jailbroke it two months ago. i jailbroke it using evasion. btw can i rejailbreak a jailbroken device? what should i do now? thanks

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
what da. now after doing respring, restart, reset all settings and syncing to itunes the cydia app is gone. i never added new repos and tweaks after i jailbroke it two months ago. i jailbroke it using evasion. btw can i rejailbreak a jailbroken device? what should i do now? thanks

I'm a little sad that you are having trouble with your iPad. I'm not sure that you can re-jailbreak over the top of your iPad especially with the shape it is in. I think I would restore in iTunes and then jailbreak again with evasion. Check that your mail and Safari work after you restore and before you jailbreak. It should all get back to normal after that.

OP
S

stickerhappy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a little sad that you are having trouble with your iPad. I'm not sure that you can re-jailbreak over the top of your iPad especially with the shape it is in. I think I would restore in iTunes and then jailbreak again with evasion. Check that your mail and Safari work after you restore and before you jailbreak. It should all get back to normal after that.
i was able to bring back cydia app again. with a little hesitation, i rejailbroke my ipad using evasion. i stopped in the process where it tells me to tap on the evasion icon to proceed. luckily it didn't ruin anything. but still i cannot open mail and safari app. for the meantime i just downloaded yahoomail app in the appstore which does the same thing and google chrome as my main browser. but i will still restore this. thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, restoring sounds like your best bet. Then, you can jail break it again, if you wish.

After jail breaking, may I recommend you add tweaks back on one at a time. That way, you can check to see which one(s) are causing the issue. Cause I'm pretty sure there's a tweak interfering - you just got to find out which one.

Marilyn

OP
S

stickerhappy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, restoring sounds like your best bet. Then, you can jail break it again, if you wish.

After jail breaking, may I recommend you add tweaks back on one at a time. That way, you can check to see which one(s) are causing the issue. Cause I'm pretty sure there's a tweak interfering - you just got to find out which one.

Marilyn

will do. thanks for the advice. btw the above pic is the screenshot of my sources and packages in my ipad. i think if not all, most of the packages i installed are gone including A Piracy Tweak coz i have just reinstalled A Piracy Tweak. they're gone in cydia packages but the tweaks are still working on my ipad like f.lux, ifile, barrel, hiddensettings7, infiniboard. It might have something to do with the cydia app when it disappeared. i recovered it using evasion trying to rejailbreak again and stopping halfway.

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
will do. thanks for the advice. btw the above pic is the screenshot of my sources and packages in my ipad. i think if not all, most of the packages i installed are gone including A Piracy Tweak coz i have just reinstalled A Piracy Tweak. they're gone in cydia packages but the tweaks are still working on my ipad like f.lux, ifile, barrel, hiddensettings7, infiniboard. It might have something to do with the cydia app when it disappeared. i recovered it using evasion trying to rejailbreak again and stopping halfway.
You, sir, are a thief and a pirate. The reason you're having problems with your iPad is because you have it loaded with piracy tweaks and repos. Piracy is theft and iPad Forums in no way supports piracy in any form. The only help you will receive here is our advice to remove any piracy related items from your device.

Stay safe, stay legal.

With that, THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, there you go! That's your issue! You've installed a piracy tweak and now expect your iPad/jailbreak to work properly?! Not gonna happen.

Here's some advice. Restore the iPad to iOS 7.0.4 and re-jailbreak it if you must. Then, stay away from piracy! You don't load any piracy enabling tweaks - you'll have a well-running jailbroken ipad.

And, that's the last bit of advice you'll get on this issue. This forum does not condone or help pirates. Not only is piracy, and any discussion thereof, against this forum's rules, it's theft and thus illegal.

This thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts