What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari can not download this type of file..

xonxoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Social Security web site for the business I do for them. If I log in with my mac using Safari the files load just fine. PC they load fine.. Iphone or Ipad not so fine. I tried Opera and Atomic Web and still wouldn't load.

Any thoughts?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
xonxoff said:
I use the Social Security web site for the business I do for them. If I log in with my mac using Safari the files load just fine. PC they load fine.. Iphone or Ipad not so fine. I tried Opera and Atomic Web and still wouldn't load.

Any thoughts?
That may be an issue that cannot be resolved I will leave this one to the US support team
Col

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
What type of files are they? For a file to load and run, there has to be supporting software on the device. Does the site use flash for example?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, what kind of files are they?

Try the browser inside of GoodReader. With that I could download my work PDF files.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Safari on iphone/ipad doesnt allow you to download ANY files, its part of their security to keeping your ipad safe. You can however VIEW some types of files like pictures or PDF's.

OP
X

xonxoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I have found is that the files can be opened with Irfranview. Can't find an app for that yet.

GailLA

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you give us the link to the page with those files? I went to socialsecurity.gov but it is a big place. Do you know what the file extension is? That would help. I assume they are graphics of some sort.

OP
X

xonxoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Social security site issues

They appear to be tif files. just images of documents. I can't show anyone the web site because it is confidential. Password access. I have tries every viewer app but none work
:(

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh great, some contractor with restricted access to SSAN information trying to get to the data on his iPad and iPhone from a coffeeshop somewhere.

OP
X

xonxoff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No not restricted, full.. Not wifi, 3g...
Not coffee shop, social security building.

quimicox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Safari on iphone/ipad doesnt allow you to download ANY files, its part of their security to keeping your ipad safe. You can however VIEW some types of files like pictures or PDF's.
Say rather to preserve their stranglehold on the IPAD's access to information. Any information. The worst single buy I ever made was my IPAD.

Most reactions

Latest posts