What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Wedding

Nozaed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hope all Brits on ipf have a great day tomorrow - Enjoy the street parties and whatever else happens. Hope the day passes off well without any hassle and the sun shines in London. Have a ball .....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be hiding, too scared to come out just in case I catch a bit of the wedding.......seriously I'm a royalist but royal weddings just bore me to tears!

The Archangel

OP
N

Nozaed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I am Irish with an English wife who can't sleep with excitement. Not many Royalists here so I don't think we will chance a street party...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nozaed said:
Well I am Irish with an English wife who can't sleep with excitement. Not many Royalists here so I don't think we will chance a street party...

I spent a number of very happy and slightly crazy years with a Tipp girl, from Clonmel, I should have married her but that's another thread entirely......but obviously you can figure what her loyalties were.......I won't mention for fear of breaking forum rules! I've no problem with others enjoying it but it's just not my thing......actually I'd rather be in an Irish pub drinking Guinness!

The Archangel

OP
N

Nozaed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, I don't either. As I said earlier hope all goes well and everyone enjoys the day. I hear it is a Holiday, that's o.k. Royalist or not.

Pity about the Tipp girl but such is life. Everything happens for a reason...

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nozaed said:
Ya, I don't either. As I said earlier hope all goes well and everyone enjoys the day. I hear it is a Holiday, that's o.k. Royalist or not.

Pity about the Tipp girl but such is life. Everything happens for a reason...

Yep, two long weekends on the trot, that's something for me to be grateful for at the very least!

The Archangel

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Frankly, I would rather be run over by a bus than watch Pomp and Circumstance all day on the TV. I wish the couple no malice, I don't know them, they don't know me.

Sleeping on the streets of London just to catch a glimpse?

Insane. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Please note, though, that moderators are NOT taking the day off...:D

Tim
What is a moderator? Is it like a really big fan of iPad forum?

iPad Forums has four moderators - two in Scotland - that's Leigh who is the world's expert on iPad hacking and me, who is an expert on absolutely nothing, one in California - that's Marie ('SweetPoison') - and Colin in Brisbane, Australia ('col.bris'). That deliberate geographical distribution is meant to ensure there are moderators on duty 24/7.

We're a bunch of 'volunteers' who patrol the site and try to keep it family friendly. We ruthlessly delete spam and ban the spammers, we try to adjudicate in disputes and enforce the rules. Many other Forums fall apart because they become like the 'Wild West' with swearing, disrespect, profanity, extremism, political and religious arguments. So we are like unelected sheriffs. The site is privately-owned and funded by the advertisements you see around the page. Moderators don't get paid, we do it because either we're iPad enthusiasts or crazy or both. There are also a few super-moderators who keep us in check.

We aim to keep iPad Forums a 'nice place to be' with people who are iPad enthusiasts. We don't allow members to disrespect one another, we want everyone to be polite and well-behaved. We want your kids to be able to come to iPad Forums without you having to worry what they'll find here.

OK - like all people - we sometimes get things wrong but hopefully we're broad-minded enough to be able to admit it when we make mistakes and apologise to the members who we've dealt with unfairly.

If you read the 'Rules', which are not intended to be restrictive, then you'll see how the moderators keep 'law and order'.

But, just to stress the point, we want iPad Forum to be a nice place to hang out with other iPad enthusiasts. Of course, we encourage vigorous discussion - even those people who don't like the iPad are welcome - as long as it stays within the bounds or reasonable, polite and respectful discussion.

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh you left out the I have read and I accept boxes at the bottom of your post Tim :)

Most reactions

Latest posts