What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reverting to older app versions.

mantarkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. First time posting but I've been following the forum since I bought a used iPad 1 early this year. So far I've been enjoying my new toy now jailbreaked and living inside an Otterbox case. My only concern is the recent apps updates that are intended for IOS 6 and iPhone 5 will overpower my iPad and slow down even more the performance of my iPad (from the iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak). So my question is, is it possible to revert to a previous version those apps that are processor hungry? Thanks for any help.

David C.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello. First time posting but I've been following the forum since I bought a used iPad 1 early this year. So far I've been enjoying my new toy now jailbreaked and living inside an Otterbox case. My only concern is the recent apps updates that are intended for IOS 6 and iPhone 5 will overpower my iPad and slow down even more the performance of my iPad (from the iOS 5.1.1 Jailbreak). So my question is, is it possible to revert to a previous version those apps that are processor hungry? Thanks for any help.

David C.
There actually is a way, lucky for you. If you updated via iPad, connect your iPad to iTunes and click transfer purchases. Now, check your trash folder. Locate the app in question, and drag it to the desktop. Delete the new version of the app from iTunes, and drag the old version into iTunes. Do a sync from iTunes to iPad.

Send from my iPad using iPF.net

OP
mantarkus

mantarkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that seems easy, I thought I would have to go to some repository and find the version I needed. I'll try your instructions and report back if anything goes wrong. Thanks.

David C.

Most reactions

Latest posts