What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revert to previous version of app?

lenrev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an app (Xfinity TV) that worked well and served me well. An update was released recently that fails miserably on the iPad2, and apparently the iPad as well. Is there a means to go back to an older application version on the iPad2?

Sent from my iPad2
using Tapatalk

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you've backed up your apps to iTunes and have NOT synced your apps with iTunes since the update, you should be able to delete the "bad" version off the iPad and put the one from iTunes on it.

You'll not be able to update it, either on the iPad or iTunes (and both will continue to prompt you to update), but at least you'll have the old version.

If you don't have an older copy on iTunes, cause you've already synched it over ... then no, there's no way to get an old app back.

Oh, maybe you can check your Trash on your PC? Maybe iTunes puts the older versions there? <-- That's a wild guess, cause I don't really know how apps are updated (whether its the whole thing or just pieces), nor do I really know what iTunes does...

Hope some of that helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts