What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Returning to 3.3.3 from 4.2

chasfpa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to 4.2 but one critical workplace app is not compatible.
I am told that apple has all of the info and it will compatible soon, but I am left out in the cold until then.
Does anyone know how to go back to an earlier OS?
I was told at the Genius Bar at Apple that it is not possible ( with a wink and a nod).

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sure you mean 3.2.2, there's never been a 3.3.3

Just type iOS 3.2.2 download into google and click the 1st result

Let the website load and read on to find a link that says iOS 3.2.2 IPAD download. Then make sure iPad is connected to computer and backedup etc, and then press shift + update and select the 3.2.2 file.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yup, just downgrade from 4.2, download the earlier OS to your iPad, and then update~

pdesjardins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No luck downgrading iOS

I've tried twice. Once from the office (behind a firewall) and once on an open wireless connection. Both times I got the attached error msg. Upon clicking the "More Info" button, it looked like a firewall issue, so that's why I tried it from an open wireless connection near my office.

Any tricks?

Thanks,
PD

Attachments

• iTunes downgrade error msg.jpg
    iTunes downgrade error msg.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 287

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will not be able to downgrade unless you saved your blobs from 4.1. Apple isn't signing 4.1 anymore so it's not possible using the shift restore method.

pdesjardins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Danny Boy.

We're piloting a business application that emits voice prompts, but the voice prompts don't work in the new OS. I guess they'll have to buckle down and get it working.

OP
C

chasfpa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, but I also was unable to go back down to 3.2.2 with that method.
I guess i will have to wait until my app becomes compatible.
I wish apple would give us an options since I am sure there are a lot more of us who are left without access to apps we need to use.

Most reactions

Latest posts