What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retrieving email on an IPAD you don't own.

ebee123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently whilst on holiday I tried to retrieve my email using a friends IPAD. After entering my Tiscali email address and password on the login screen an "Update your account" details page is displayed. If the option to "Skip" is selected the page is then frozen and the login process cannot be continued.
On my return home I tried the login procedure on my Windows based PC and it works perfectly. I have been able to use this Ipad in the past to retrieve email so it seem strange that I can't any longer. Something has changed - perhaps ios6
I've contacted TalkTalk and they have said I need to set up an account on the IPAD which seems a strange thing to do on another persons machine. Presumably the account would need to be deleted after email had been downloaded. - not very user friendly

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
E

ebee123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found an answer to this problem. It would seem the Safari browser is at fault. Downloaded Chrome and email now works perfectly. No doubt Apple will fix eventually.

Rory Buckley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never personally found this to be an issue, but i'm glad you've managed to sort out an alternative solution.

Most reactions