What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

restrictions passcode, bonkers

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greets,
During updating to iOS7 I was asked to enter a passcode. I did. Before the JB with evasi0n7 I turned off the passcode.
I was attempting to delete a couple of apps that didn't completely install. They won't go awway. I read about checking restrictions in Settings. When I go there it asks for a passcode. I didn't set a passcode. It is also not the lock screen passcode that I originally set up.
As Jennifer would say, "bloody hell!"
I am ready to restore iOS7. I am reading that I need to restore as new. Am I going to lose my contacts? I have them on the iCloud and on my iPhone, but ***!?!
(Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Any hints before I restore?
Fid

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If your contacts are synced with iCloud, the Contacts app should re-sync after you've restored the iPad. You'll have to turn on Contacts under the iCloud section in Settings, but they should all come back.

Sorry for your troubles...

Marilyn

OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you, Marilyn. Four and a half hours of sleep isn't enough. :)
I can add all of the apps again once I get it all sorted out. I only had a few songs that I was learning to play in iTunes.
Since I didn't set a "restrictions" password i can't figure why the OS thinks there is one. One of the mysteries of Cyberia.

While I got your ear, is there a tweak for the lock screen clock font? I didn't see it in BytaFont. I'll look again, just in case.
Greg

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, with the advent of BytaFont 2 (for iOS 7), there is no separate category to change just the lock screen font or to make it different. It does change, however, when you change the "System" fonts (in the Advanced tab).

So, it changes - you just can't break it out like we used to in iOS 6.

Marilyn

Most reactions