What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Response needed!!

mls1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have my ipad 2 currently on 5.0.1 jailbreak and unfortunately my screen has cracked and needs repaired/replaced, so i am going into the local apple store tomorrow to see what I can do. Now they may take it in for repair or send me out a brand new replacement. The question I am asking is do I have to restore my ipad 2 to factory default before I go to the apple store, as it is the screen being repaired and having a passcode there would be really no way for apple to gain access to my board and see all the tweeks etc?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unlikely the will repair it from my experience. They will usually swap units. In that case they usually ask you to unlock the device and perform a "reset all contents and settings". That is a bad thing for a jailbroken device, and whilst the folks in the Glasgow store are good, they are not all jailbreak friendly.
You don't want to be refused service for having a jailbroken device, I assume? My advice is backup everything you need and restore to stock, but the choice is yours :)
Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts