What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reset iPad, no longer working.

Karl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my iPad a few days now and ive just reset it via
Settings > General > Erase all content and settings

it's gone through that process and now i can't get it working atall, all i'm able to get is a black screen with the little apple logo in the middle, it's been like this for around 10-15 mins now.

Any advice atall please?

Thanks,

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
connect it to your computer, open itunes, turn the iPad on and hold the home button until itunes says it detected an ipad in recovery mode.

Then you can tell itunes to restore your iPad.

OP
K

Karl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Spent the past hour trying to do that, it finished the restoring and etc.. and came up on the ipad at the end of it with the loading bar as the itunes on the laptop said it was restoring and all that and to wait for it to come up on itunes or something, waited 20 mins since and nothing, all my ipad says is for me to connect to itunes, and it is connected, i tried the hold down home and on/off switch and it came back on itunes saying that it needed to restore despite me just spending an hour doiing it !? disconnected it then re-connected it and its just coming back up with the connect to itunes logo which it is

OP
K

Karl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really sorry to double post.

Just put through the restore again in itunes, seemed to go through a million times quicker than the first time round, it said the same thing about it restarting and to wait for it to appear in itunes. I've left it for around 5 minutes now, it's still connected, the ipad screen is black and i havent touched it and theres nothing in itunes about the ipad, how long does it usually take? really don't know what to do :/

Most reactions

Latest posts