What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

scrolling/swiping not working after reset

jenwen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I reset my ipad last night back to factory setting (but without deleting anything on it) now I can no longer scroll down pages or use the swipe to go from one page to the next. I have no idea how I am suppose to navigate.
When I go back into settings and then general, I can only get the first page - ie no further down than the 'multitasking gestures' button (which is on). If the touch scroll isnt orking how do i get down the page?
I also have the voice on telling me what I am doing etc and get get in to turn it off - it's driving me nuts!

Any help greatly appreciated.

thankyou

OK

now it has gone evn madder - I tapped on the screen 3 times and it just shut down - now cant even get it to start up - if I press the wake button and home page button at the same time, apple icon appears and home page very briefly before goin back to black gain. Battery is at 98%

help - have I broken it|?

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

I reset my ipad last night back to factory setting (but without deleting anything on it) now I can no longer scroll down pages or use the swipe to go from one page to the next. I have no idea how I am suppose to navigate.
When I go back into settings and then general, I can only get the first page - ie no further down than the 'multitasking gestures' button (which is on). If the touch scroll isnt orking how do i get down the page?
I also have the voice on telling me what I am doing etc and get get in to turn it off - it's driving me nuts!

thankyou

Hi, welcome to iPF!

Most of the time these two options will help when something isn't working the right way:

Restart your iPad. (Meaning: simply turn it off, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.)
Reset your iPad - another kind of reset: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi

thankyou

OK

now it has gone evn madder - I tapped on the screen 3 times and it just shut down - now cant even get it to start up - if I press the wake button and home page button at the same time, apple icon appears and home page very briefly before goin back to black gain. Battery is at 98%

help - have I broken it|?

Check to see if you have the accessibility feature turned on for triple-click. You may have this turned on for voice over when you click the home button 3-times. If not that-also check to see if voice over is turned off.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Most reactions