What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reports are that stores are out of iPads

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A report surveyed ten Apple stores and found them out of all iPads, including wifi. Bloomberg tried another 19 stores and they were out. This may be something if it keeps up.

I went to a Mexican restaurant this evening for dinner. I got my iPad out to show a deal on a MacBook for my SIL. My BIL commented on the waiter who stopped, started watching the iPad over my shoulder, and ignoring everything else.

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, all out around the Indianapolis area. We only have 1 Apple Store (pretty long reserve list) and maybe 5-6 BestBuys. Had to order my 3G from Apple.com, as that was the most reliable method.

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
A report surveyed ten Apple stores and found them out of all iPads, including wifi. Bloomberg tried another 19 stores and they were out. This may be something if it keeps up.

I went to a Mexican restaurant this evening for dinner. I got my iPad out to show a deal on a MacBook for my SIL. My BIL commented on the waiter who stopped, started watching the iPad over my shoulder, and ignoring everything else.

seems they are sold out all over the place, makes the demand that much higher I suppose

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i was in my last doctor vist for the day i sitting there waiting in the room for him to come in ..i playing a game of cards he comes in and we talk about the news things he wants to try something new for my knees and we talked about that for about 10 mins ..iam geting dress to leave and he ask me to step into the office before i leave and he would like to see the ipad for a moment .

next thing i know i got about four doctors and three nurse and other staff asking we about the ipad and how easly it easy to use and how long does the battie last the whole nine yards.. i let the people see how easly it was to use the unit and do the things like open and shut apps and thing like that.. the next thing i know there talking about maybe getting them for the office ..they forget i was standing there waiting for the doctor to give me all the paperwork to take down to the one floor and finialy he looks and says sorry hank i forget that you where still here..and starts in on the paperwork for me ..he tells me my new meds for my knees will be in the mail in about a week time frame from the people who make it and i left the office and was just thinking to myself i should have been a apple product salemans ..

i think we should be getting a cut from apple for helping with the sales pitch we give. at times..

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Canceled my order with Apple today.
Went to BestBuy. They had more that a dozen of them.

BestBuy in Warwick, RI.

What they had were the 16 and 64's with 3g.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the stores are out of stock or not depends on the area of the country that you live in. I think that it would be fair to say that if you live in Montana that there is plenty of supply.

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYC is out. I have been trying for days and no luck. I am forced to wait forever to Apple to ship from Shenzen, not a happy camper having to wait! :(

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BestBuy in Warwick, RI.

After seeing this post I called (I live in RI) have been trying since sunday to get one called BB in seekonk Middletown and Warwick they never have any. I called yesterday to all 3 around 11 am they didnt have any and again today and they didnt have any. Guess you are lucky! Been on the apple list in providence since sunday. Hoping today is the day.

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I have heard that the stores are out of iPad. It is really sad for those who have not bought their iPad on time. Don't worry I am sure that Apple will manufacture more iPad soon.

LeeB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
None of the stores here in the Tampa Bay area (which is pretty huge) have the 3G's; I don't know about the WiFi only because I wasn't interested in them. There's only one Apple store, but a gazillion (that's a technical term ;)) Best Buys. They all start their recorded announcements stating that they're out of the iPad, please check back ... then go on with the normal announcements.

I placed an order online on the 5th for the iPad and accessories. The iPad is scheduled for delivery between the 13th and 19th. Not too bad considering that there are 2 weekends in there.

What confounds me is that all the accessories I ordered at the same time are scheduled to arrive in drips and drabs over the next MONTH. I got the ancillary chargers two days after I ordered them, but the case isn't due to be delivered until the 29th, WELL after the iPod arrives.

The same thing happened with the iPhone. Sold out immediately. Apple makes a good product and everyone with a "techie" bent wants one. There is also a certain cache about beating your friends by getting one first ...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to keep in mind that Apple is obliged to deliver for the rest of the world also. Their money is just as important. Most countries have to pay a surcharge for Apple products and it has nothing to do with taxes and shipping. Profits. They can't ignore that. Here in Canada it's a 10% cut!!!

The iPad has been on sale for a good while in the States. Those who haven't taken time to buy one are solely responsible for not having it yet and cannot blame Apple for not having had a chance.

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to keep in mind that Apple is obliged to deliver for the rest of the world also. Their money is just as important. Most countries have to pay a surcharge for Apple products and it has nothing to do with taxes and shipping. Profits. They can't ignore that. Here in Canada it's a 10% cut!!!

The iPad has been on sale for a good while in the States. Those who haven't taken time to buy one are solely responsible for not having it yet and cannot blame Apple for not having had a chance.

Huh?!? Most of the price differences are based on currency and random taxes, not Apple making more money. Where on earth do you come up with a 10% cut?!

And I'm sorry, but you can easily blame Apple for not having stock. There isn't a store within miles of me that has any in stock (and I live in Manhattan). I have called all of the apple stores in the city, and all of the best buys, all are out of stock. How could one not blame Apple for not having stock? I could understand it perhaps if you just want the wi-fi (despite those being out of stock as well), but Apple is solely to blame for not having enough stock of the 3G's. I might as well blame Canadians for having to pay more.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

BestBuy in Warwick, RI.

I was just going to say there are plenty all over ri we must be the one jimt29!

People having trouble call a best buy around here they donship out I believe.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Huh?!? Most of the price differences are based on currency and random taxes, not Apple making more money. Where on earth do you come up with a 10% cut?!

And I'm sorry, but you can easily blame Apple for not having stock. There isn't a store within miles of me that has any in stock (and I live in Manhattan). I have called all of the apple stores in the city, and all of the best buys, all are out of stock. How could one not blame Apple for not having stock? I could understand it perhaps if you just want the wi-fi (despite those being out of stock as well), but Apple is solely to blame for not having enough stock of the 3G's. I might as well blame Canadians for having to pay more.
The Canadian Dollar is basically at parity with the US dollar, just a cent difference at most. That doesn't justify the 50$ markup for the 499$ base model. And it's not shipping either since the iPads ALL come from China. There's always been a 10% difference from US to Canadian Apple products.

And for the rest of what I wrote, you did not read correctly at all.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 10% added cost is the VAT if I remember right. Has nothing to do with Apple. in some countries they are up front about the tax, and others they like for the public not to know who is picking their pockets.

Most reactions

Latest posts