What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove border/ relocate apps for iPad

Chef eddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Recently I downloaded the new iOS 8 for my iPad and when I uploaded a picture for my homescreen there's a border along the bottom of the page that I can't seem to get rid of,anyone have any ideas? Also,I would like to remove the apps from the page but when I press and hold to remove there's no little x that deletes it nor can I move them off the page,frustrating!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Recently I downloaded the new iOS 8 for my iPad and when I uploaded a picture for my homescreen there's a border along the bottom of the page that I can't seem to get rid of,anyone have any ideas? Also,I would like to remove the apps from the page but when I press and hold to remove there's no little x that deletes it nor can I move them off the page,frustrating!
If you're talking about that darker shaded strip along the bottom of your home screen where the apps that remain stationary when changing home screens are located, this is called the dock and it can't be removed. It takes it's colour from the average colour of your wallpaper picture.

If you press and hold an app icon and no x appears at the top left of the app, it's either a built in app that can't be deleted or you have deleting apps turned off in settings. To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Deleting Apps. If the switch is turned off( no green showing) apps cannot be deleted.

Last edited:
OP
C

Chef eddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're talking about that darker shaded strip along the bottom of your home screen where the apps that remain stationary when changing home screens are located, this is called the dock and it can't be removed. It takes is colour from the average colour of your wallpaper picture.

If you press and hold and no x appears at the top left of the app, it's either a built in app that can't be deleted or you have deleting apps turned off in settings. To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Deleting Apps. If the switch is turned off( no green showing) apps cannot be deleted.
Hi! Thanks for the quick response. The border is actually not black,it's realtively the same color but shaded as the picture I uploaded of my wife,any clues?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said in my earlier post, that is the Dock and it can't be removed.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When choosing a photo to use as wallpaper on your iPad, you can make sure that there's nothing important in that bottom area to be covered up by the dock.

Most reactions

Latest posts