What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing purchased apps ..

W Thomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Can someone please guide me on how to remove purchased apps in the App Store, when I press the cloud to hide/delete I'm unable to do this as it only reinstalls.. Any ideas? Thank you :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
W Thomas

W Thomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. It just doesn't work for me, the apps just reinstalling !,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At this time there is no way to hide purchased apps in the App Store on the iPad.

It can still be done from iTunes on a computer. I don't remember the exact method (mobile at the moment, so I can't check), but it starts by viewing your Purchases apps and somehow you can get a little (x) at the top left corner of the apps, which when clicked will hide that app.

One hidden they will disapear from the Purchase list on the iPad as well.

mikeee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please note that none of this relates to a Mac as far as I know.

On a PC can you not just delete them directly from your computer through windows explorer. I can.
If you right click the app in iTunes then click on "get info" it will tell you where they are sitting on your computer.
Or I can right click the app and click on delete. It will ask if you want to send it to recycle bin. Just click yes and it is done

As you download more app/files through iTunes you are filling up your harddrive/partition where your OP is situated.(PC) If a download through itunes does not complete. error message will come up.
check to see if your c: drive has any empty space left. that could be the problem.
regards,
Mike/

Last edited:

Most reactions