What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refurbish ipad 3 software version

cipriani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since waiting for the ios 6.0.1 jailbreak is gonna take up some time, i was wondering if i could sent my ipad 3, which is still under warranty, for repairs & genuine faults for a refurbished set?
My question is whats the current version of the refurbished set? Will it be at ios 5.1.1?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since waiting for the ios 6.0.1 jailbreak is gonna take up some time, i was wondering if i could sent my ipad 3, which is still under warranty, for repairs & genuine faults for a refurbished set?
My question is whats the current version of the refurbished set? Will it be at ios 5.1.1?

Genuine faults, still under warranty? Doesn't sound too honest to me IMHO. Bit of a swifty, I would think. Bit of a giggle if you did try to put that over them and ended up with 6.0.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple put the latest version of iOS on any device that's refurbished.

OP
cipriani

cipriani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OB said:
Genuine faults, still under warranty? Doesn't sound too honest to me IMHO. Bit of a swifty, I would think. Bit of a giggle if you did try to put that over them and ended up with 6.0.1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As much as i wanted the refurbished set to be in 5.1.1, i guess the only way to find out would be sending it personally to them..
Just asking around whether others have send it & received 5.1.1 ios..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd lay even odds that any iPad coming from Apple as a refurbished unit will have the most current iOS on it. Apple is pretty ... particular ... on having their latest iOS running on their devices.

IOW - it'd be a heck of a gamble (and I'd think you'd not win).

My .02¢.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts