What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

recording: microphone-in, headphones out USB-C question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt Nimmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm flummoxed on the correct cable for the following set-up. I have the latest iPad Pro, with the single USB-C port of course, and I am using a USB-C hub to use headphones and charge. There are other USB-C and USB ports if I need them. works fine with the standard iPhone/iPad headphone and mic, but audio quality is terrible and there is noise. I have a male 3.5mm clip-on microphone and a nice pair of studio quality headphones, also male 3.5. my project is recording tutorials for video music apps with narration. I am recording everything to the screen capture on the iPad and then to MP4. I've been through the Amazon adventure twice and both times the cables I bought failed to live up to their descriptions. can anybody out there point me in the right direction for the right adapters? thanks in advance.

IMG_9149.JPG

Arrandan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need an audio interface. There are headphone/mic-to-USB cables, like Apple's, but they don't work. I read a million threads and watched as many movies of people getting it to work, but none of that really works in the long turn. Get yourself a USB audio interface, connect your mic/phones to it and connect it to your USB hub.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread has been started more than two years ago. The OP hasn‘t returned since then.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts