What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recording app?

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo to all,
I'd appreciate if someone gives me info. about an iPad App. that:
- Records voice
- as data files
- with as much size as what's available on the iPad
- and the files can be transferred to/used on a PC (e.g. .MP3, .AAC ...etc.)

???

Any help? :eek:

AppsforiPads

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dragon Dictation should do everything you are looking for. You can download it for free from the Apple App Store.

OP
ashry

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dragon Dictation should do everything you are looking for. You can download it for free from the Apple App Store.

Thanks a lot.
I'm not sure, however, which app is that? I searched the iTunes store for "Dragon Dictation", for "dragon", and for "Dictation", but the results seem not the same as what I'm expecting.
It'd be better if you've a link, and/or another suggestions.

Thanks again very much :)

OP
ashry

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found it under Dragon Dictation. If that is not what you seek, they list alternatives towards the bottom. Read the reviews.

Yes... it's what I'm seeking, but, I swear, I can't find it!!!

Does the search depend on the "country"?

OP
ashry

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shitums. I'm not sure! Did you type in Dragon Dictation then hit search? I did that and two results came up.

Actually, I type in "Dragon Dictation" and press enter :) :) :)
I really believe you, but believe me, it still doesn't show results (within iTunes, AppStore, iPad Apps) with that name "Dragon Dictation" :confused: :confused:

BTW, do you do this from your PC or iPad?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It might... I'm in Canada and the app shows up when I search the app store using my iPad... The other posters who see it are in the U.S. If it's not showing up for you, it might be country dependent. They could have limited the area to North America.

Here's what I get using Google to search for the app from my desktop PC.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-dictation/id341446764?mt=8

OP
ashry

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It might... I'm in Canada and the app shows up when I search the app store using my iPad... The other posters who see it are in the U.S. If it's not showing up for you, it might be country dependent. They could have limited the area to North America.

Here's what I get using Google to search for the app from my desktop PC.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-dictation/id341446764?mt=8

I tried it, and I found the program when I changed the country to USA or Germany, for example.
However, I can't download it because the iTunes is stuck with my account's original country information (Egypt).
Any idea how to change that?

OP
ashry

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Move here?

Excellent idea :), but I'm already out of my home country ;)
and I guess it doesn't depend on where am I, coz it verifies something (credit card details or so!) so, moving "here" might not solve the problem... any other (more nice) ideas :) :) ?

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having Egypt invade the US probably doesn't fall in the "nice" idea category.
Write to the app publishers?
Write to Apple Germany?

OP
ashry

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for those who might still be interested, if any, and/or those who might have similar challenge as my original one:

- "Recorder HD" [Decipher Media. LLC 2010] works fine.
I bought it since it has many of the features I was looking for. The recording quality is good, and it records for as long time as I need, then I can either send files or export them (in .m4a format, and then iTunes comes into play). It doesn't have a voice recognition like "Dragon Dictation", however.

- "Dictamus" [JOTOMI GmbH] is also wonderful and has many efficient features.

As usual, each app has its own set of features that are specific to that particular app, but I still appreciate if someone has other ideas, or knows about "Dragon"-"Dictamus"-"Recorder HD"-like app :)

rmart73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try going doing a search thru google it should link you to their website and then a link to the appropriate itunes app

Most reactions

Latest posts