What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons why people hate the ipad...debunked

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
All the moderators agreed that he was 'extreme' and was deliberately trying to provoke contentious conversation....

iPad Forum tries to keep this a friendly place -- PM me if you disagree and we can have a conversation about this....

Tim

I have a feeling he was a former member already banned b4 coming back under a new name to cause some mischief. I wish the thread wouldn't have closed down so soon. We were flaming him pretty bad and was funny. He woulda looked like Freddy Kruger once we all were done with him. I honestly laughed my a$$ off when I first read his post. I knew what was coming next. Imactually found the thread very humerous. He said the compaq ipaq was better thn iPad. FAIL! Lol

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pingles said:
Ugh. I'm a longtime forum lurker and happy iPad 1 owner since day 1.

I will say that most of his criticisms were dead on. I agree with most of them. There are always ways to improve a product.

I was disheartened to see his real criticism overwhelmed by his ridiculous attitude. If he had just been quietly sensible we could have had a good discussion.

That being said, I won't debate all of the points but I agree with many of them and would have enjoyed telling him that while I agreed with almost everything he said I also felt that the iPad is the best tablet out there.

When someone creates hardware this good with a better infrastructure I will definitely be interested.

Gingerbread has some serious growing to do before it competes.

I agree. He had valid points but it was the way he went about portraying them that cause his immediate demise. It was his language and attitude used. He could have stated his opinion in a more civil, intelligent matter. As everyone is entitled to their opinion BUT everyone doesn't have to hear u b$&@? About it in a childish way. I thought is was a bad aprils fool joke..lmao

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

OP
B

Bbatelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I am not saying the ipad is the greatest device in the world. However, the point that I was trying to make was that the OP was originally trying to belittle the ipad but at the same time hype Android tablet.

Does anyone here know someone with an android tablet? Maybe we should have them let us know what it good about it vs. saying what is bad about the ipad. I think it may be hard to find one of these people.

I love my ipad, it fits my needs and there is rarely a time when I use my MBP because I can't do something on the ipad.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes required for uploading content--Not sure what the issues is here since this is a great application to maintain all content.
iTunes is not a great application. Having to let the iPad sync for 5 hours because it must make a backup every time you plug it in is moronic. Not being able to load music into the ipod application in any way other than through itunes is ridiculous. Requiring a sync to a computer to load movies into the videos application is ridiculous.
No Flash support in the web browser--Flash is dead. HTML5 is the future and most sites support both
Most sites do not support both. HTML5 may be the future. Sadly, its not the future. Not having flash means that your internet experience is limited. Reading news stories where there are embedded videos being referenced is horrible because you can't watch the videos. You can't use any site that is built mainly in flash like almost all car sites and ticket sale sites, etc. Having an "app for that" is not a replacement because its a pretty disjointed experience to have to jump through 5 different apps to handle something the browser certainly is capable of, especially given the hardware of the iPad2.
Poor still cameras – though, really, this thing isn’t meant for taking candids--Really, other than facetime, why would you use the ipad to take pics/videos
Your answer to his criticism is "why use that feature?" LOL.
No standard USB port--What would this bring? To access files? Ever hear of dropbox or box.net?
Those are helpful sometimes. Much easier to just use a thumb drive. Standard USB feature opens up the possibilities to what the device can do. Keyboards/mice, USB thumbdrives, USB peripherals, etc. Going over a friends house and you want to grab some music/videos, today you have to install either itunes or dropbox on their computer and then go through that whole hassle. Imagine if they could just hand you a thumbdrive and you could load them up in 30 seconds. Still left with the ridiculous limitation of iOS of not being able to import music/videos without the aid of a computer though.
No kickstand – it cannot stand on a table without the help of a dock stand or a Smart cover--Buy a case
Yea, that was a dumb criticism of his. Maybe a couple tablets will have kickstands, most wont.
Non replaceable battery--I have had my ipod for 3 years now and use everyday. Battery is still working fine. Non-issue
Still a nice feature to be able to replace your own battery, but again not an important criticism of the iPad when there are so many other valid ones.
No stereo loudspeakers--Buy a dock with speakers. It is not meant for hi-fi output
Your answer to his criticism is to buy a VERY expensive accessory? lol.
No GPS receiver for the Wi-Fi only version--
Very valid criticism of his. Every other tablet will probably have GPS functionality with their wifi models.
No memory card slot--Again, use dropbox or box.net to transfer files.
I didn't realize your point and shoot camera had dropbox or box.net capabilities? Oh, you mean take your camera to a computer, pull the images off of the microsd card, sync them with dropbox and then sync your iPad with dropbox? Yea, that is seemless. . .
3G model uses micro-SIM, instead of a regular size SIM--And?
Not a big deal to me personally, but it means you can't simply travel with the iPad abroad and use regular sim cards for internet access.
iPhone apps designed for HVGA resolution squander screen real estate or look pretty bad uspcaled--iphone apps are not meant for ipad.
Yea, but iOS does app scaling easily the worst among all major mobile OS'. Having a black box in the center of the screen is moronic, especially when the "retina" resolution is so close to the Ipad resolution. They should automatically make iPhone apps that support retina resolution full screen on the iPad. The reason they don't do this is so that you can buy the same application twice when the shiny new iPad version comes out.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree with this! iTunes tends not to play nice with me.:(

iTunes is not a great application. Having to let the iPad sync for 5 hours because it must make a backup every time you plug it in is moronic. Not being able to load music into the ipod application in any way other than through itunes is ridiculous. Requiring a sync to a computer to load movies into the videos application is ridiculous.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I am not saying the ipad is the greatest device in the world. However, the point that I was trying to make was that the OP was originally trying to belittle the ipad but at the same time hype Android tablet.

Does anyone here know someone with an android tablet? Maybe we should have them let us know what it good about it vs. saying what is bad about the ipad. I think it may be hard to find one of these people.

I love my ipad, it fits my needs and there is rarely a time when I use my MBP because I can't do something on the ipad.

There are many things that Android tablets do much better than the iPad. Everytime someone tries to explain what those are though, they have to deal with a bunch of people losing their minds and either making things up or playing super Apple fanboy and dismissing the positives as unimportant. And then come the in the Super Moderators who are REALLY invested in a particular platform ans say some REALLY untrue things. And then the thread is closed when you rebut their misinformation.

Love my iPad, but its certainly not a perfect device.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am hoping they fix that in iOS 5.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That would be quite a lot of fixing, right?

OP
B

Bbatelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I said there may be a lot of things you want to do with the ipad but we are all living with the limitations.

However, do you think there will be a better alternative? I hope there can be but as long as the PC manufacturers keep saying the tablet is a fad since they cannot come up with something to compete, there never will be.

By they way the open Android platform will be going away soon. Google is trying to lock it down.

Also, please let me know if there is a website that has flash does not automatically convert to HTML5 to work on an ipad. I have not had any issues in about a month now. Also, why would you want to only store your photos on the ipad and not back up on the PC?

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That would be quite a lot of fixing, right?

Not necessarily. If they made iTunes exist purely in the cloud, then you could upload media to it from anywhere, including the iPad. Then you could sync the ipad with itunes wirelessly and you would be set.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:

+1 for me. I HATE ITUNES!!!! Especially on windows, it is just so slow.

Yes, on Windows.... it truly is an out-of-control beast. And God-forbid you have MobileMe sync running. It consistently, and for no known reason, decides to grab half of the CPU utilization ("com.apple.DotMacSync.client.exe").

Yet on my Macs? Still an overgrown "app" but it loads faster, consumes far fewer CPU cycles, responds faster, and uses less memory. Had my only exposure to iTunes been on Macs I'd probably dislike it a lot less.

Michael

Last edited:

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By they way the open Android platform will be going away soon. Google is trying to lock it down.

Also, please let me know if there is a website that has flash does not automatically convert to HTML5 to work on an ipad. I have not had any issues in about a month now. Also, why would you want to only store your photos on the ipad and not back up on the PC?

Android platform is not getting locked down. Google is only enforcing a non fragmentation clause that has existed for a while but never been enforced. They are simply requiring that OEM's not modify major system files so that when an update comes out the OEM's are able to port their customizations easier and allow the consumer to receive the update quicker. Its pretty much good for everyone.

And yea, there are lots of videos that don't automatically convert to HTML5. CNN embeds dont work, as they are flash. MSNBC embeds dont work, as they are flash. Some youtube videos are flash. There is a LOT of flash video that is just not watchable. SouthPark Studios website doesn't convert to HTML5. A majority of video is flash. It may stink, but its reality.

And its not about only storing your photos on your ipad. If you are your grandparents house and take some photos for example, its much easier to just load them up to your iPad and show them off that way instead of having them look at the 2" LCD on your camera. Maybe some wouldn't need the feature, but it would be nice to have.

Most reactions

Latest posts