What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really?

Art70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just returned my Xoom and got an iPad2 because, after all , even if I like to try new things , at the end of the day I'm still an Apple guy... Bt anyway... I am very surprised, in a bad way about the famous millions of apps available for the iPad according to Jobs vs the ones available in the Android market... I mean, what I'm seeing here is hundreds and hundreds of iPad apps are not optimized for the tablet,in fact they are optimized for iPhone , they are very small and I am talking about simple apps like Facebook ( are u kidding me)... the full screen app for it is called friendly and starting today it decided not to work anymore....and many many othe like for examle Skype which is beautiful for android.....iphony for iPad instead, unbelievable!! I mean I returned the xoom back to the store mainly for the apps available just to discover that a lot of those apps were millions time better on the xoom???? No I can non accept this, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, please help

Last edited:

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problem with Facebook, I just sign in at Facebook.com like I do from any computer. Am I missing something??

~John

KarlaMonique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friendly on my ipad2 acts weird sometimes for me too. In addition to the facebook app on my android phone. I assumed it was a facebook issue since both act weird.

Sent from my ADR6300 using iPad Forums

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are tons of ipad compatible apps. I haven't had any issue with them for the most part and they definitely don't look like iphone apps (other than the ones that were actually labeled as iphone only apps).

I can't get friendly to load at the moment either but it used to work. Probably just a bad update that will be fixed.

Not sure you can really blame Apple for 3rd party apps having issues. I highly doubt all Android apps work 100% of the time.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the facebook app and I love it! And it full screen on my iPad1

Katoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Facebook.com as well. Not sure why Facebook doesn't want to make an app for te tablet but the web page works pretty well.

When you're looking for apps, look for iPad apps. I don't even bother with the apps that are for iPhone on my iPad. I don't like the 2x zoom thing it does. But trust me. There are sooo many more apps on iPad than Xoom.

If it's just facebook that is the problem I think there are 2 apps for iPad made by 3rd party. Some folks mentioned one and the other one I've tried is Mypad

OP
A

Art70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone has the full screen Skype app? You know I would be happy to find out I'm the one can't find the right apps, that would make my day

OP
A

Art70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are tons of ipad compatible apps. I haven't had any issue with them for the most part and they definitely don't look like iphone apps (other than the ones that were actually labeled as iphone only apps).

I can't get friendly to load at the moment either but it used to work. Probably just a bad update that will be fixed.

Not sure you can really blame Apple for 3rd party apps having issues. I highly doubt all Android apps work 100% of the time.

In fact you are right, some of the android apps were a little unstable as well.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where did you hear Steve Jobs say there were millions of apps for the iPad??

Apple states that there are over 65,000 apps made for the iPad. Is that not enough? :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the facebook app and I love it! And it full screen on my iPad1

Well good for you , I guess the problem is with the ipad2 only

Nope. Facebook changed something on their server that is wreaking havoc on Friendly. My ipad1 renders to the m.site and if I tap the "done" tab it goes to black screen. There's another thread about it.
As far as apps for iPhone, yes there are a ton but I've also found plenty that are iPad rendered as well. When looking on the store if there is a "+" by the price of the app it's made for both and isn't as pretty as the iPad only ones but in the lower right is a 2x button that makes it full screen.
The iPad has only a year of app development, just like Android is a baby in the tablet world and a toddler in the phone world. In time they will both have plenty of apps for them,the bugs worked out ( heck we might even get widgets without jail breaking and customizable notification tones) and much improved from where they are now.
If I see a "+" next to a paid app I skip it and look for a free alternative, which there are plenty of.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try flipboard I just got it last week and I love it!

Most reactions