What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I finally came back to home. Ipad 2 here I come

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an ipad 3g 16gb for 3 days just to return it because I was android fanboy(droid 1,2,x,vibrant,galaxy tab)The xoom sucked from day one.I found myself wondering how could a $857 device do so little.I took that back the same day.After watching all the rants and raves plus getting tired of paying $110 a month for a bill. I'm switching to the ipad 2 wifi only 16 and will tether with my lg optimus v for voip. I know, I know the ipad 2 isn't a phone but when I look it .I would have spent $990 on my bill anyway. So why not save $85 and get an ipad 2 and lg for a savings of 300+ for the year. I was thinking about getting a refurb 16 gb for 350 but i know once friday comes. I'll be like "I should have spent the 150 extra" 4.3 is going to be big for overall improvements.Imovie is really going to get my youtube game up. The A5 is probably a beast. The dual cameras are a plus. Remember apps like fring,skype and tango will be supported meaning you can talking to android/pc users. I would opt for the 3g version if it definite that a jailbreak was coming to allow calls using 3g service. Sorry I'm all everywhere with this .It's 4:30 am and I just read this whole IPad 2 section from beginning to end:eek:4 hours straight GOOD NIGHT

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the title doesn't make any sense man i'm sleepy:eek:

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an ipad 3g 16gb for 3 days just to return it because I was android fanboy(droid 1,2,x,vibrant,galaxy tab)The xoom sucked from day one.I found myself wondering how could a $857 device do so little.I took that back the same day.After watching all the rants and raves plus getting tired of paying $110 a month for a bill. I'm switching to the ipad 2 wifi only 16 and will tether with my lg optimus v for voip. I know, I know the ipad 2 isn't a phone but when I look it .I would have spent $990 on my bill anyway. So why not save $85 and get an ipad 2 and lg for a savings of 300+ for the year. I was thinking about getting a refurb 16 gb for 350 but i know once friday comes. I'll be like "I should have spent the 150 extra" 4.3 is going to be big for overall improvements.Imovie is really going to get my youtube game up. The A5 is probably a beast. The dual cameras are a plus. Remember apps like fring,skype and tango will be supported meaning you can talking to android/pc users. I would opt for the 3g version if it definite that a jailbreak was coming to allow calls using 3g service. Sorry I'm all everywhere with this .It's 4:30 am and I just read this whole IPad 2 section from beginning to end:eek:4 hours straight GOOD NIGHT

Good post, defenitely get the wifi ipad2 version. I have 32gb wifi ipad n tether all the time with my win mo tilt phone using xda wifi router program. No sense in paying for extra data when u can tether for free, right? Lol my Phone csn also dual boot into Android froyo 2.2 using XDAndroid. Gotta luv Haret bootloader n the smart guys over at xda, which im a well seasoned member over there also.
Its just that once i got my ipad, last july, i aint give a damn about booting into android anymore...lmfao. Been luvn da Ipad experience ever since. Plus people trying to get ipad to dual boot into honeycomb so its gonna get interesting ;-)

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats the word out. Progress movin slow as molasses though. I saw a vid of someone booting Android on ipad but that was it. Just the bootloader screen loading up n finishing. Didnt show actual android boot up screen. Im hoping people still wrking on the project. But even if i was able to dual boot into Honeycomb now, i wouldnt want to. Reason being, its still not fully functional yet. No sd card support, optimized flash support, n No heavy duty Android tablet only apps yet. Those things are scheduled to be released down the line soon. So when Honeycomb fully functional, then id want to dual boot into. U get the best of both worlds, like my outdated win mo phone that runs android flawlessly ;-)

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having a HTC Evo 4G Android phone, I was seriously considering the Xoom Honeycomb tablet. But the *current* lack of Honeycomb tablet apps is what's making me get my first Apple device, the iPad 2. I downloaded iTunes to see what kind and amount of iPad apps were available, and wow - I was quite impressed! I'm going to use the iPad 2 and test the waters with it to see how I like it and Apple's ecosystem. I figure if it's not for me, the iPad 2 should hold its value pretty well, and I shouldn't have an issue selling it. :)

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
I like Android devices and, had a Xoom. It's a nice device but, still not as good as my Ipad. It had some glitches and, some of my apps kept locking up and making me force close them. It also works better in landscape mode. In landscape it's as smooth as the Ipad but, in portrait mode, it gets choppy.
I played the same movie side by side and, the Ipad's picture was better however, to be fair; it was a movie ripped, using software that was meant for the Ipad. I'm not sure how much difference that made.

With no sd-card working, no flash and, not LTE yet plus, the issues mentioned above, I decided it wasn't worth it and returned it. The announcement of the Ipad 2 kind of swayed me also. I didn't realize it was coming out this fast.

The flash is not big deal because, I know the Ipad won't have it either but, they always brag it up as something the Ipad doesn't have yet, the Xoom doesn't have it yet.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I work at best buy mobile...people ask about the xoom, play with it, then go "God, why is this better than ipad?" and buy an iPad or are going to buy an ipad 2. haha

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Android devices and, had a Xoom. It's a nice device but, still not as good as my Ipad. It had some glitches and, some of my apps kept locking up and making me force close them.
Yeah, it all depends on how developers followed Google's guidelines in app development. Definately a shortage of Honeycomb tablet apps at the moment though, but that will change.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
I like Android devices and, had a Xoom. It's a nice device but, still not as good as my Ipad. It had some glitches and, some of my apps kept locking up and making me force close them.
Yeah, it all depends on how developers followed Google's guidelines in app development. Definately a shortage of Honeycomb tablet apps at the moment though, but that will change.

Even so, Google/android have always been crying out for good apps from good developers and I don't see it happening anytime soon. -shrug-

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even so, Google/android have always been crying out for good apps from good developers and I don't see it happening anytime soon. -shrug-
Android already has a very nice selection of apps available, though most aren't Honeycomb compatible, and that's the issue right now.

OP
J

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mainly for my having garageband and imovie usage

Most reactions