What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really?

Enoch Soames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the most recent Friendly update - wouldn't load - but a reboot fixed the problem.

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Friended for iPad. Works much better than friendly. Flipboard is good as well if you like the layout.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are 80,000 iPad apps. There are at least four times that many apps altogether. While iPhone apps will work on the iPad, and even say so under the compatibility list, they are half sized, or using the 2X button full-sized but fuzzy.

You have to pay attention to what you are buying. If you look at the screen shots, it's pretty clear which apps are designed for the iPad. An app with a plus mark in the price tag is universal, and will adjust to use on either the iPad or iPhone. Those are great bargains if you own both devices.

jakerich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most of the apps I have that have the "+" are just compatible iPhone apps that happen to work on the iPad as well, but as said earlier, at a much smaller resolution. I'm starting to use only iPad apps that are designed for the larger screen. Most iPhone vendors have iPad versions. An emerging "standard" is to call the iPad version "HD" to differentiate it from the iPhone version (and to get a higher price). I periodically look for HD versions of my iPhone favorites.

As for Facebook, just use Safari and go the website. Works perfectly.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've never downloaded a + app that failed to work properly on the iPad. Could you name a few? I'd like to avoid them.

The HD thing has been going on almost as long as there have been iPad apps. Some of the first games came out as HD versions. And yeah, many developers took advantage of that to raise the price. But some also added features that made it worth the price.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once there is a jailbreak released for the iPad2, you can jailbreak and install "RetinaPad". What that does is display iphone apps at the "retina" resolution, so that when you hit the 2x button they aren't fuzzy and generally ugly as sin. They are still super sized iphone apps, which is pretty awful overall, but at least its crisper.

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If anyone uses FullForce, I highly recommend switching to RetinaPad! It works on almost every Retina game and FullForce doesn't work on as many.

FREE MY iPAD2 

Most reactions