What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really Frustrated with iPad Today...

crimlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not that this adds much, but i have a verizon fios router and it sucks. I am able tp get signal all around the house, but if i go to the extreme opposite side of the house, or outside, I lose it.

Just a heads up for anyone considering an iPad with a fios router.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a netgear n router at home both iPhone and iPad have same range in fact iPad seems to get even further which makes sense in saying that the iPad disconnects reconnects more often than I would like waiting for upgrade to resolve that one. At work however I have a IT controlled wifi network which causes the iPad to hang when surfing and some times same with iPhone 3GS. In other words unstable again hoping for a fix

Col.

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually I get pretty respectable connectivity with my iPod Touch. I have an N router (D-Link DIR615), but have it throttled back to b/g. I use my iPod Touch to listen to streaming audio when cutting my lawn... all 3 acres of it!

ourhouse.jpg

The router is located in my "man cave" where the red arrow is pointing. The property is roughly 350 feet front to back and side to side. For the most part, it almost never drops out.

I have exactly the same router, also set th b/g! I think the difference is the houses here in Switzerland are friggin sturdy. From my living room, my wifi signal has to go through three feet of reinforced concrete to get to my back yard. I was still disappointed that my Windows PC and two badly beaten iPod Touches got much better signal, download speed and reliability.

I still love my iPad, but needed to vent :D

Oh, and banning spammers always cheers me up ;) seems there is always lots of that to do! :(

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good grief, 3 ft of reinforced concrete?
Mine is only 8" thick and I'm complaining about signal degradation. I can empathize with your situation:D

On a side note, have you guys come across any wifi network analyzing apps like Netstumbler where it shows you the signal strength of the available WiFi ?

Edit : nevermind......just found it. It's called WiFi Scan and it was just released 2 days ago.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts