What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-entering Password

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I will be surfing the web and everything is fine and then all the sudden it will ask me to re-enter my password in order to stay connected. Why does this keep happening?

OP
L

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be a wifi problem

I am convinced it is an Apple problem and they need to fix it. I am sick of trying all these different fixes that are out there. As others have said all over Internet forums is that it should not be this hard or complicated to get a consistent wi-fi connection. Consider yourself blessed if u are not having issues. I am very confident that Apple will a address this with an update.

Patra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It very well could be a problem with your wifi. We have at&t uverse and our wifi is constantly cutting in and out. We wouldn't have known about it with our Mac's, but I got a Netbook with Windows and it tells me every time it has had to reconnect to our wifi.

LPH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I will be surfing the web and everything is fine and then all the sudden it will ask me to re-enter my password in order to stay connected. Why does this keep happening?

Try to change the protocol you are using to connect to the router. I changed from WEP to WPA2 Personal and haven't had any problems since the change.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be a wifi problem

I am convinced it is an Apple problem and they need to fix it. I am sick of trying all these different fixes that are out there. As others have said all over Internet forums is that it should not be this hard or complicated to get a consistent wi-fi connection. Consider yourself blessed if u are not having issues. I am very confident that Apple will a address this with an update.

Nope,, not an Apple problem, it's a WiFi problem. I've personally seen this many time, most notably in some Starbucks, Safeways and Ralphs locations and it seems to be the locations that get their WiFi by wireless. I know AT&T are providers for Starbucks and Safeways, not sure about Ralphs. I have a Sprint MiFi and never experienced this on their network. It will be very interesting to see if this problem pops up with the 3G version on its way.. My guess, this will be the biggest issues we will start hearing in one week??? In fact, i put my botton dollar on it..... just remember,, you heard it here first. :p

OP
L

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Try to change the protocol you are using to connect to the router. I changed from WEP to WPA2 Personal and haven't had any problems since the change.

I have a verizon router, how do I change it from WEP to WPA2?

OP
L

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could be a wifi problem

Nope,, not an Apple problem, it's a WiFi problem. I've personally seen this many time, most notably in some Starbucks, Safeways and Ralphs locations and it seems to be the locations that get their WiFi by wireless. I know AT&T are providers for Starbucks and Safeways, not sure about Ralphs. I have a Sprint MiFi and never experienced this on their network. It will be very
interesting to see if this problem pops up with the 3G version on its way.. My guess, this will be the biggest issues we will start hearing in one week??? In fact, i put my botton dollar on it..... just remember,, you heard it here first. :p

So is this something Apple can fix via an update?

OP
L

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have a verizon router, how do I change it from WEP to WPA2?

Never mind I figured it out and so far working flawlessly, hope it lasts:)

djpritchard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope,, not an Apple problem, it's a WiFi problem. I've personally seen this many time, most notably in some Starbucks, Safeways and Ralphs locations and it seems to be the locations that get their WiFi by wireless. I know AT&T are providers for Starbucks and Safeways, not sure about Ralphs. I have a Sprint MiFi and never experienced this on their network. It will be very interesting to see if this problem pops up with the 3G version on its way.. My guess, this will be the biggest issues we will start hearing in one week??? In fact, i put my bottom dollar on it..... just remember,, you heard it here first. :p
I disagree. I've been hooked up with WiFi at the same time my wife is on her laptop, and she has exhibited no problem. Yet, I have had to enter my security password on multiple occasions and have also had to try various things through Settings to get connected back up. The signal is strong in my home, and I only sit about 10' from it. Intermittent operation with this. Gotta be an Apple problem.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope,, not an Apple problem, it's a WiFi problem. I've personally seen this many time, most notably in some Starbucks, Safeways and Ralphs locations and it seems to be the locations that get their WiFi by wireless. I know AT&T are providers for Starbucks and Safeways, not sure about Ralphs. I have a Sprint MiFi and never experienced this on their network. It will be very interesting to see if this problem pops up with the 3G version on its way.. My guess, this will be the biggest issues we will start hearing in one week??? In fact, i put my bottom dollar on it..... just remember,, you heard it here first. :p
I disagree. I've been hooked up with WiFi at the same time my wife is on her laptop, and she has exhibited no problem. Yet, I have had to enter my security password on multiple occasions and have also had to try various things through Settings to get connected back up. The signal is strong in my home, and I only sit about 10' from it. Intermittent operation with this. Gotta be an Apple problem.

I stated seeing problems when connecting in 3G (MiFi) networks, not WiFi. I personally have to seen these issues on WiFi connections. Your problem is not an Apple problem. Try setting your WiFi router to different security settings, remember you will have to reset your wives computer. There is a topic here that explains these steps.. Good luck

Most reactions

Latest posts