What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question: Safari Remembers Passwords?

kippyw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife would like to use my iPad (3rd gen) to access her web-based email, but she gets annoyed at constantly needing to re-enter her user name & password on the www site. Is there a way to force the Safari (or iCab) browser to remember these for frequently visited sites?
Thank You.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kippyw said:
My wife would like to use my iPad (3rd gen) to access her web-based email, but she gets annoyed at constantly needing to re-enter her user name & password on the www site. Is there a way to force the Safari (or iCab) browser to remember these for frequently visited sites?
Thank You.

Has your wife enabled cookies from the sites she visits? If cookies are not enabled, it explains why she has to sign in every time.
To check, go to Settings>Safari, you should see this screen. Make sure cookies are enabled from sites visited. I do it and I'm automatically signed into all sites requiring passwords.

image-2035083504.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts