What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password too short?

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We happen to have two sources of wi-fi at home, one my wife uses for business and the other personal.
Apparently the modem for the personal one is bad and a new one won't be delivered until Monday.
So, I am attempting to use the business one. When I go to that network in setup and enter the password, my iPad waits for me to enter an 8th character. This password only has seven so the iPad will not let me join. Join is grayed out. If I enter any other character join becomes active. Of course, the password is incorrect. ,
Is there anything I can do about this? I Had no trouble connecting on my Windows laptop.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Wayne - some more information would help: 1) Do you have 2 different ISPs providing Wi-Fi to your home; 2) Are these coming in on cable, DSL, or satellite; 3) Is each attached to a separate modem and Wi-Fi router; and 4) What security are you using, e.g. WPA2? If the latter, an 8-character PW is needed (info HERE), so not understanding why you can get on w/ your laptop but not your iPad unless my assumptions are wrong, don't know? Of course, you could always change the PW to one w/ 8 characters, if not a problem? Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts