What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raw and jpegs

brifast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a photographer and shoot photos that combine the Raw and Jpeg file. I use the SD card adapter to get the files into the iPad the problem is they are so big compared to just a jpeg and eat up a lot of space. Is they a way to just put the Jpeg in or do I have to do it via the computer which take a lot of extra time.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but I thought I would give it a shot.

If anybody know of a photography forum that might be better please tell me.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use a body that has two cards like my Canon 1DIII and 5DIII the solution is to send RAWs to one card and jpgs to the other. Otherwise do not use the SD card camera adaptor and load just the jpgs to iTunes and sync to your iPad.

crw1948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Set your camera to shoot jpeg for those you want to transfer to IPad.
I

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But CRW, he said he is a photographer and photographers shoot RAW images, not JPEGs. Or, at best, simultaneous RAWs and JPEGS.

crw1948

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But CRW, he said he is a photographer and photographers shoot RAW images, not JPEGs. Or, at best, simultaneous RAWs and JPEGS.

You are correct. I guess he could download his photo's in Camera Raw (Photoshop), or any program he uses as a photographer and then delete the RAW images from the card and then upload to iPad.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm no photographer however, I use a CloudFTP made by Hyperdrive. My understanding from reading their website is that a camera mounts as a USB Mass Storage Device, then you can transfer however you like (to the iPad or an Ext HD, etc) using wifi or a USB hub.

It may well be worth looking into.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts