What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyway to delete a photo album Folder?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The current OS X version is 10.8 (Lion). Mountain Lion is due out next month. If you are going to upgrade you might as well wait. It should be good for updating from Snow Leopard as well (if I remember what they said at the keynote correctly), and it's only going to be $19.99. Providing your computer is upgradeable, I'd say it is worth it. You might wait one month after the initial release, if you're feeling a bit cautions. They usually find and fix major bugs (if any) within that time frame.

I like Aperture a lot. If you are dissatisfied with the organizing and enhancement features of iPhoto, it's a huge improvement. However, like all powerful tools it takes longer to master. You'll probably want to find some online tutorials and play along with them (there are a bunch). OS X Mountain Lion is supposed to unify the iPhoto and Aperture photo libraries. Another reason to wait just a bit.

You don't delete photos from within iPhoto. Go back to the Photos app to do that. I know, it is a bit weird. I'm hoping they will combine them into one app, or make iPhoto %100 standalone sometime in the near future.

kevinhunter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool thanks. I was in the mac store at the genius bar recently and was asking them about upgrading to mountain lion. They told me I have to upgrade from snow leopard to lion before I can get mountain lion . The joys...

How is aperture for printing? I work as an artist and was thinking off getting it if it was also good for printing.? I basically need to be able to print onto a3 with something like a 1 cm border top left and right and a 1.5 cm border (for example) ...

cdf3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I do is go into the album and click on the arrow to put it into edit mode and then I tap on an image with two (2) fingers and without letting go I slide them from one image to another until I have the whole screen/page selected and then I tap on delete and voila they get deleted.

Thanks for the 2 finger select mode tip! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Philmont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks to Bosvaark. You ended endless hours and much frustration on removing an empty picture folder on my wife's iPad. I have been a Windows user for years and the Apple stuff is new to me. Thanks again--Your tip on how to remove an empty folder worked like a charm

Most reactions

Latest posts