What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about the safari browser.

oJOEYo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

For a school project I'm doing, (placing a device in public so they can post tweets from it) I have chosen to use the iPad.

Because it's in a public place, it needs some kind of security.

Is it possible to disable the option to fill in a new webadress in safari. I don't want users to be able to browse other than the website they are supposed to be on.

Is it possible to end an application (safari) in any other way than the home button? I would build a case around the ipad disabling the option to push the home button.

Kind regards,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a proxy server? If so, you can simply establish a 'white list' there of allowed websites.

Tim

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Or how about using the twitter app instead of safari? With the home button covered, they can't exit it.

OP
O

oJOEYo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did some brainstorming myself and found a solution.

I'm going to use the Kiosk Pro app to make sure people don't acces website I don't want them to. The iPad is going to be in some sort of case that covers the home button. I will code my own twitterwall et voila =D

Thanks for your suggestions!

Most reactions

Latest posts