What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question , opinions please

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Wed. 7th is the day we see the Apple co. Announce officially ,the ipad3 is here, when would a person such as myself expect to see my local Applestore react to the announcement? 1:00 pm eastern time ( Florida) which is 10:00 am west coast time ?
I plan on spending some effort to be at the store that morning with my beach chair to wait for the chance to sign on with a purchase. I can't imagine what time people might start showing up. I look forward to standing in line with fellow apple heads for the first time. It's just that I have no idea what time to arrive. Midnight , 5am , ? It does not matter to me. I can spend the night if need be,I just thought someone here might have done this sort of thing in past releases of apple devices. After all , I am not in NYC anymore and the lines there go around the block for things like this. I look forward to the day.

I can't understand how that scenario might play out. Will I have to wait for 1:00 pm eastern ,which is 10:00 am California time. The store opens at 10:00 am eastern in Naples Florida. Anyone care to predict the way things might go for me on we'd 7th. ? This is the one time I will involve myself with a possible customer rush like this but for my wife I will do anything. She wants one. She will get one inevitably but having an ipad3 early on would surprise her. She thinks I'm going fishing.

Last edited:

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
when apple Announce's the ipad3 it wont come out till at least 5 days after the Announcement.
the stores will have plenty of ipad 3. best buy and other stores will stock them.
i never camped out for anything lol

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
When apple launch's a new product, they normally will close down the store for all of the employee's to have a short meeting and prepare. Then then re-open the store at around 5PM or 6PM in the afternoon to start selling the new devices.

OP
Slimseven

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I decided to stay tuned in a less eager way. I am now leaning towards a small Mac air book for the year and enjoy my ipad2 until the ipad4 / 3 1/2 or whatever they call that one comes out in about a year. Appreciate the info.

Most reactions