What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alarm Clock

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody having any problems with the Alarm Clock? Mine was suppose to go off at 7:00 am. I got up at 8:07 am.

I had put my iPad on the world clock so I could see what the time was in the middle of the night. I saw around 4:10 am that it was not time to get up.

I had the volume set to medium, that might have been my error but I did not hear a damn thing. I took my brand new iPhone 5 and set the alarm on that and volume wise my iPad 2 couldn't come close.

Anyway be it my fault or the apps, I'm late. If anybody else had issues feel free to gripe along with me.

vvarpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody having any problems with the Alarm Clock? Mine was suppose to go off at 7:00 am. I got up at 8:07 am.

I had put my iPad on the world clock so I could see what the time was in the middle of the night. I saw around 4:10 am that it was not time to get up.

I had the volume set to medium, that might have been my error but I did not hear a damn thing. I took my brand new iPhone 5 and set the alarm on that and volume wise my iPad 2 couldn't come close.
Anyway be it my fault or the apps, I'm late. If anybody else had issues feel free to gripe along with me.

I was also late today using iOS 6 alarm on iPhone 5 and also had volume set at medium. No signs of alarm going off at all. Not even a
snooze button . I know this isn't iPhone forum but this could be iOS 6 problem. I am definitely getting a free alarm clock app to use for now.

Last edited:

vvarpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was also late today using iOS 6 alarm on iPhone 5 and also had volume set at medium. No signs of alarm going off at all. Not even a
snooze button . I know this isn't iPhone forum but this could be iOS 6 problem. I am definitely getting a free alarm clock app to use for now.
UPDATE: my alarm worked fine this morning at 4:05 am after I found that alarm was previously set at 4:05 Pm. My bad.
Operator error once again.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the League of Sleep Deprived.
Last year I fell asleep on public transit and woke up in the wrong town. :)

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Yes, it's a hard adjustment especially trying to drive so early like that. Fortunately I managed to get where I was going and not end up in the wrong town like you AA! :)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The military and pretty much the entire rest of the world are using a 24-hour clock. When I got out of the service nearly 40 years ago, I didn't see any reason to switch back to the quaint am/pm scheme, where I had a choice.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
LannyC said:
The military and pretty much the entire rest of the world are using a 24-hour clock. When I got out of the service nearly 40 years ago, I didn't see any reason to switch back to the quaint am/pm scheme, where I had a choice.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

My mother was a nurse in the 60s - 70s. So we were used to 24 hour time in my house.

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used 24 hour time for quite a while but stopped when I realized that when I get up EVERY morning at 3:45 AM it is dark, the next time it is 3:45 it is really bright outside and I am still at work or it is the weekend and I'm having curious conversations with my new room mate Siri

Edit: Err... forgot to mention - on my iPhone I use 'Alarm Clock' and it's working good so far

Last edited:

Most reactions