What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question for the iPad people...

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just brought home my new iPad and have been enjoying it so far. I've looked around this site for an answer to my question, but haven't come across it yet. Id like to learn how to save a word doc on the iPad (such as a resume) and be able to attach it in an email. Can someone share this info with me, or direct me to the proper forum discussion.

thanks for the help!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just brought home my new iPad and have been enjoying it so far. I've looked around this site for an answer to my question, but haven't come across it yet. Id like to learn how to save a word doc on the iPad (such as a resume) and be able to attach it in an email. Can someone share this info with me, or direct me to the proper forum discussion.

thanks for the help!

The way I would do it is email it to yourself and if u have bought a app such as "pages" the u can create a new document and copy and past from your email then it will give u the option to email, print etc.....I'm sure there's lots more ways as more people will chime in....pages app may be like $10 I believe

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
Quick Office

Check out Quick Office Connect Mobile, you can transfer an MS Office document into that app and easily find it in the files. I email the MS docs to myself and then transfer them to Quick Office. I can edit them and send them back to myself in an email if I need to.

I am a newbie too, so I'm sure an expert will be along to answer you too. ;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd just save it as a PDF and store/send it that way. As long as the receiver does not need to be able to edit the documents pdf is about as universal as you can get.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you are wanting to create the doc and save and email or transfer one to your Ipad and be able to send it. If the latter, get the free app Dropbox which gives you 2GB free storage and by which you can transfer from PC to Ipad. You can choose from a number of apps that can both open, save and email a doc such as Goodreader to one of the Office apps like Office HD, Quick Office, etc. There are several apps that can create docs, save them and email.

thanks for the help!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since this thread is labeled question for iPad people my question is does the iPad not have a battery usage screen...I've looked in setting and don't see it anywhere. I've seen some screen shots of the iPhone that says last time charger was hooked up and how long the battery has lasted or idled

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since this thread is labeled question for iPad people my question is does the iPad not have a battery usage screen...I've looked in setting and don't see it anywhere. I've seen some screen shots of the iPhone that says last time charger was hooked up and how long the battery has lasted or idled

Hijack-AirForce1.jpg

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upper right corner has a usage meter in percentage. It is not supported in all apps, but it is there on the home screens.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easy, juss got "Goodreader" app from app store. U can email ur doc. Or resume to urself, then open email. Click on attachment and then "open in" Goodreader. It will save it there. From there, u can always view the doc. Or send it in an email to whatever job u applying to. Has helped me out a ton and was the method i used on the last job i got. ;-)
Pages also wrks well also. It allows u to create and editdocs. Or resumes then u can choose what format u want to email it in, such as word doc., pdf, or pages file. Hope that helped you. Ipad is a great resource for job hunting. It beats waiting at a desktop for long startups n etc... Everything with ipad is so fast. It will allow u to apply to several jobs in a very short period of time. I love its usefullness!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hijack-AirForce1.jpg

Not really, and "question for the iPad people" sounds pretty open to me! Thanks though

OP
Spag_187

Spag_187

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, thanks to all who chimed in with their suggestions. It was very much appreciated!

Most reactions

Latest posts